Sunday, June 12, 2011

Recipe for a perfect Sunday

No, I'm not talking about ice cream. Come to think of it a sundae sounds really good right now though. Anyway, back to the perfect Sunday......

Ingredients
  • 1 cute baby
  • 1 bottle of juice
  • 1 cup of Cheerios
  • 1 route 44 Sonic limeaide
  • 1 rockstar bathing suit
  • 2 baby pools
  1. Wake up at 6:00 a.m. Yes, contrary to popular belief it is in fact better to wake up at 6:00 and make it to early church service and Sunday school. Why, you ask? Because if you are like me and you are so sleepy that you quickly forget you went to early service you will automatically gain two extraordinary hours in the day. So when I thought it was 4:00 this afternoon and I thought I was quickly losing time in the sun, I was thrilled to see that it was only 2:00. Ok, maybe you just have to be blonde for this to happen. ;)
  2. Pack up what little belongings you have at your temporary residence and head approximately 0.25 miles down the road. Unpack your stuff. Relax. (we are house sitting for two weeks while my in-laws are on vacation)
  3. Fill up two baby pools with luke warm kitchen water (you may substitute cold water from the outside faucet if your child isn't a diva).
  4. "Could this water be just a little warmer, mom?"
  5. Position yourself next to some lovely scenery
  6. Take a couple sips of your ice cold drink
  7. Eat a few (many) handfuls of Cheerios
  8. Be sure to share with all of the canines nearby
  9. "Don't worry, the cleanup crew will pick up the fallen Cheerios"
  10. SWIM!!!!!!!!


       9. Bake until golden brown....me, not the baby. :)
Oh yeah, and don't forget the swim diaper...otherwise you will be sporting some extra junk in the trunk.....


Hallie had herself a perfect Sunday....and so did her momma. :) It's hard not to when you get to share everyday with this spunky little gal. So what's the big deal about a Sunday and a swimming pool and a beautiful day? Well, we had a home today. I don't want to make a habit of saying this but.....Riley was right. (Whew, that was hard. lol) He has continually been telling me "a home it where your family is." I thought it was our home in Mustang that I missed but after today I know it is simply having a HOME that I miss. Just a home...with a yard, more than two rooms, space that we can fit our real furniture in, a kitchen that has been updated in the last century, room to play with Hallie, and (gasp) windows. We will take advantage of our "home" while we can these next two weeks! Aunt Kylie did mention something about Nanny becoming a hula girl and Papa becoming a bounty hunter....does this mean we get to live here is they decide to stay in Hawaii?

Hope your Sunday was perfect too!







No comments:

Post a Comment