Sunday, June 26, 2011

We're gone to see Mrs. Kyser-McGee!

Kyser-McGee is the name I lovingly call one of my dearest friend....I have called her by her last name for as long as we've been friends (because we share the same first name it's easier that way) so it was a bit difficult to change that once she got hitched....so I just tacked on her new name to the old one and voila! That being said, she came to visit her family this weekend and we loved every second of it (well, all of the seconds that Hallie was not screaming her head off, lol).

I was thrilled to have an incredibly light schedule on Friday because there was a lot of work to be done before Hallie and I left for Enid. After seeing a couple patients I packed up our temporary home #2 and took all of our stuff back to our other temporary home #1. I'm going to miss the scenery out the window every morning at temporary home #2...


We packed up the car and were off to Enid. Does anyone else feel like you have to pack ten bags for your child just for an overnight stay? I need to find a better way to organize and fast!! Hallie loved hated every second of our roadtrip...thank goodness for Baby Einstein and the ability to stretch my arm to reach for various items dropped in the backseat. But we did have our fair share of stops along the side of the road to pick up things my arm length couldn't handle. Once my feet hit the ground in Enid I swore not to get back in the car for awhile...except that Aunt B wanted some help at the furniture store picking out furniture so we were glad to join her. Well some tiny person I know really was glad she came....this big pink sheep may have had something to do with it.....

"Can I please take him home?!"

The sweltering heat was getting to us so we stopped for some cold drinks and then went back to the house and stripped down...well, just the baby did that part.....

"Now this is the best way to cool off"

She couldn't stay nakey for long because Aunt B was itching to try on Hallie's new tutu that she got for her....

I almost couldn't stand the cuteness!

We made sure to wait for Gman to get home so Hallie could share some smiles...and she did just that! I just love seeing her make him smile. After some Gman time we were getting anxious for some girl time! We had a whole two blocks to drive to get to Ashley's parent's house. Hallie made herself right at home.....


The last time Ashley saw Hallie was ten months ago....the babe's changed a bit since then. :) Here's a flashback to August 2010....

Best friends meeting 4 week old Hallie

Hallie was pleased to see a familiar face in Aunt Heather....


Ashley and Hallie hit it off from the get go....and so did Ashley's five-year-old nephew Hayden....


He was so fascinated with her and wanted to be a part of her every move....even nap time.....

"I'll give you a drink if you can sneak me out of here"

We had a great time catching up....Ashley's husband Jeff came with her for the weekend, Heather's husband Alex joined her for the cookout, Ashley's sister and her husband were there with Hallie's new BFF Hayden, and Ashley's parents treated us to some delicious steaks. I love me some Heather-Ashley-Kyser time!!

Sweet girls

I think everyone must've been exhausted after a very long and hot week because we all made our way home around 9:30. Nobody was home when I got to Gman's so I took advantage of the quiet and rocked my girl to sleep way past her bedtime. Hallie was up bright and early (6:15 ) the next morning. I have to laugh when I stop and think about the lengths I went to while attempting to put her back to sleep. None of them worked but it was a valliant effort. I lay there with my arms and legged stretched out half-asleep trying to form a barricade so that I would feel her if she decided to take off. She saw right through my plan and used my arms and legs as a jungle gym. There was no denying, she was up and ready for her breakfast date.....

Breakfast date #1

Heather came over early and fed my hungry monster while I got ready for breakfast. Hallie taught Heather a thing or two about the rules of feeding....#1, if you leave the food within reach she will stick her hand in it and rub it on her face, #2 feeding is difficult when not confined in a highchair and you may have to chase her down to give her a spoonful of food. Heather is now a pro at feeding my wiggle worm.
Breakfast date #2

We met Ashley and her family at Wee-Too for some yummy breakfast. Hayden and Hallie sat at the end of the table while she munched on graham crackers and peaches and he was on "binky partol." He even ignored his Mickey Mouse pancakes to help me keep her occupied. Could I please take him home with me? He was all about trying to entertain her! Talk about adorable....these two were turning heads as the three of us "walked" Hallie through the restaurant to get some of her pent up energy out. Not only did I have the pleasure of starting the day off with breakfast with my very best friends but I got to hug another good friend whom I did not expect to run into there. My friend Kristen from PT school and her husband Dustin have recently moved to Enid and I was so excited to get to introduce Hallie to them and catch up on life for a few minutes. After feeding my face with way too many calories it was time for a walk. We thought we would beat the heat but that was not the case. Yowza, we were roasting!!!

Ashley with her babies

....and me with mine

"Hey, dogs get hot too!"

I thanked my lucky stars for Heather because I had ran out of patience a long time ago before Hallie started making the walk a less than fun experience. Heather pushed my screaming daughter, talked and reasoned with her all the while having a conversation with Ashley and I....

Heather giving the signal that she was finally asleep...kinda

What better way to cool off after a nice, long, hot, loud, and draining walk.....


Heather, Ashley, Whitney, and I went for a dip in the pool while Hallie took a little snooze. But not before she got some water time too....
"I'm a water baby through and through"
"Surfing" baby style

It was nap time for a certain little person I rocked her to sleep in the shade while she sipped on some water....love my cuddle time she lets me have every now and again. It was the perfect way to relax with the girls Saturday afternoon! Bailey joined us toward the end of our baking session and spent the rest of the afternoon with us. We followed up swimming with some lunch, gelato and a trip out to Heather's house to see what had changed since our last visit out there. We checked out all of her new additions and let Hallie roam around a bit. She also decided to show her two honorary aunts how she could walk. But not until after she got an energy burst from this lemon.....


I was finally able to get some pics and video of her walking since there were three of us in a quiet area....Hallie seems to prefer quiet, small crowds for waddling. She made our day!!!

One happy momma

Go, girl, go!!!!

Bailey and Gman needed some extra help finalizing their furniture decisions. I wish I had a videotape of the four of us (Hal included) testing out couches and telling dad why we didn't like the ones he picked out. We tried our darndest to talk him into a cozy sectional but to no avail. Hallie was tired of all the discussion and was thrilled to move on to mattress shopping. And you just thought that lying on your back was the best way to test out a mattress. Well Hallie showed us that it's just a myth. She lunged and bounced on her belly over and over and over again...and giggled all the while. After we had returned to the front of the store Hallie started to squirm so I let her down. She crab crawled all the way to the back of the store to that very same bed where the big pink Serta sheep was waiting for her...she wasn't done faceplanting yet. As I picked her up to see the pink sheep she flashed a beaming smile. That girl! How are they so smart at such a young age??


Hallie ended her time at Gman's the same way she started it....nakey.
"Ha ha ha ha, you can't get me!!"

Girl's weekend was a success!! We spent some time daydreaming about how great it would be if we all lived in the same town. We don't get to see eachother near enough but we make the most of the time we have. I sure love those girls!!!! Our next trip will be to visit Kyser-McGee at her new home in Bentonville, AR and a trip back to market in August....it can't get here fast enough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment