Thursday, June 2, 2011

Romans 8:28

To say it has been a rough week for me would be an understatement. To others looking at me from the outside probably wouldn't have any idea that I was in turmoil on the inside (well, besides my messy hair and un-made up face). It's just been one of those weeks where nothing seems to go right and it just reminds you of all the other things that haven't been going right. Yesterday I spent the evening playing with my girl while Riley was at the Cowboy Caravan event. Hallie must've known something was up with me because she grabbed some puffs and settled in for a therapy session...of course the day turned around right then and there when I realized I had access to the world's tiniest shrink.....


"Pull up a chair mom...tell me your problems. Here, have some puffs..."

Despite my therapy session with my sweetheart, the big dark cloud followed me around today as well starting with me accidentally driving over a concrete barrier first thing this morning. One annoying thing after another nearly brought me to tears....until the tears finally came. This evening I sat motionless and slumped over in this uncomfortable dining room table chair (we gave away the last of our living room furniture this week to Kylie to use for college so we are making due with the chairs that we have ;)) staring at the wall with a blank look on my face and thought to myself "something has got to give." I sat there with about a million thoughts running through my head about how I was going to deal with this down in the dumps feeling. Something led me to my bed where I kicked back, grabbed my "Daily Prayers" book and turned the book open to a random page. I was pleased to see that the daily verse was my mom's favorite. I read it several times....then realized I was meant to read it right at that very moment.....

We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
-Romans 8:28

The verse was great but the prayer written below was even better..........

Lately not many things seem to be working together for good. I am not complaining, just stating it like it is. But of course, I don't see as far down the road as You do....and perhaps a few of these situations just didn't work out in my favor. As I revisit the circumstances, maybe these moments were not about my personal success, but someone else's. Did I handle it well, Lord?

I pray for a sense of Your grand vision. Help me take every disappointing event, answer, and outcome and look at it from Your perspective. I may not see evidence of Your plan, so let me rest in my knowledge of Your love. Grant my heart peace when I am uncertain of the road I travel, Lord. I will keep moving, one foot in front of the other, because I have been called to good things.

Enough said. I get it God. Thank you.

Love, Ashley

P.S.- Hallie is a pretty awesome therapist. Until she gets grumpy and needs her diaper changed. Then it gets a little tricky at that point. And she charges a steep price too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment