Sunday, June 19, 2011

When Daddy Let Me Drive

I guess it's never too early to start learning how to drive. Hallie gave the ol' 10 and 2 a go this weekend. She started out small at the farm driving daddy's truck through the field.....

"Hey there cow, you might wanna mooooooove over....did ya like my joke dad? tehehe"

This evening they got a little (a lot) braver and tested out the Stang around the block. Riley thought that the perfect way to end his first Father's Day would be a nice cruise around the block. I cringed at the thought of pulling a "Britney" and riding with Hallie on my lap. Granted we only went down a quiet neighborhood street and back but I still felt the urge to hide her under the dashboard. Right before we pulled into the driveway Hal decided to take over the steering and did a mighty fine job I must say....she looked like a natural. What do you think?..........

"Focus, focus...don't blow this..."

Old habits die hard though and she soon got distracted by a potential chew toy.....

"Multi-tasking is my specialty"

I guess one day Hallie can say she's been driving "since the age of one year." She will have those farm boys beat thanks to her daddy. I think it's important to add that our driving miss daisy will not be driving my car anytime soon....this can stay strictly a daddy/daughter activity. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment