Thursday, June 9, 2011

H2Oh my it's HOT!!!!!

This week has been sweltering, sweaty, sticky and just plain fry an egg on the sidewalk HOT!!!! The high temperature on Tuesday was 106 degrees in Woodward!! Seriously??!! While I've been fighting the heat by blasting the air conditioner and seat coolers, Hallie has taken a much more relaxing approach to temperature control. Whoever said that our current place of residence is a pit was completely mistaken (oh wait, that was me!) because.......

.......we have an indoor pool!! The heat and wind were a little too much for the Hal Gal on Tuesday so we improvised.....


"BEST IDEA EVER!"

My fish loves to flap her arms and then face plant in the water...she then comes back up for air and looks at me as if to say "why did I do that mom?"




She was occupied for a solid thirty minutes until she realized how fun it was to crawl in and out, in and out, in and out of the pool. Oh what fun! I folded up the half-filled baby pool and plopped it down in the shower. As if swimming in the living room wasn't fun enough, swimming in a pool in the shower was on a whole 'nother level. Oh to be a kid again!!

She was a fish out of water on Wednesday but picked back up with her swim training on Thursday when she took a trip to the water park with Aunt Kylie. Hal suited up, applied her sunscreen, and put on her oh-so-cute bathing suit cover up. She was ready to get her swim on.......

"Step on it! We're almost there!"

"I can't swim with this on!!"

"I think the pool is that way..."

Aunt Kylie and Hal spent almost three hours at the waterpark....it was very apparent when bedtime came. I think she may sleep for 24 hours straight tonight. Although I would give anything to quit my day job and spend everyday with my girl, it's nice to have family around that keep her busy and having fun when I can't. Especially family that takes pictures for me to brighten my day.......

"Hi mom! Jealous?"

"These stomach crunches I've been doing have finally paid off"

My fair-skinned princess knows how to stay safe in the hot sun.....

"It's 5 o'clock somewhere......"


No comments:

Post a Comment