Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pasketti Dinner

Who doesn’t love pasta?!?! This girl….


The end of the world

She can’t possibly be my daughter. It can’t be. Looks like none of my family will crave pasta everyday like I do. Or maybe it was the fact that I tried to be sneaky and hide peas in the spaghetti…..


Either way it ended up looking like the spaghetti scene from Baby Boom where the baby covers every surface of their kitchen with pasta….


She discovered my evil mom plan and began picking out each pea separately and smashing it before throwing it on the ground. You would have thought I'd just tried to feed her poached liver or something. Our picky eater has been crossing foods off her ‘like’ list left and right these days. She has gone from an “anything goes” to a “heck no I’m not eating that” kinda eater. I have been trying some new foods hoping to get an approval from little miss. Our ‘like’ list includes cherries, blueberries, toast, Goldfish, hamburger, black beans, grapes, grilled cheese sandwich, PB&J, cut green beans, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese and pineapple. The ‘heck no’ list includes peas, eggs, fresh peaches and chicken. As you can see the 'like' list is still longer than the 'heck no' list...but we used to have no foods on the 'heck no' list.

Strawberries & toast

Grilled cheese


Nice cold glass of milk

Eggs

Mac & cheese

PB&J

....and even more mac & cheese

Of course I had to catch a glimpse of her meal time trials…I guess you can tell by the look on her face whether or not she was diggin’ it. And speaking of “diggin’ it”, the little stinker was trying with all her might to scoop up beans with her spork the other night. She never stops surprising me!


"I'm really diggin' these beans mom"

It’s no secret that the girl loves a good meal. But did you know that she would do just about anything for a drink from my Sonic cup. You can guarantee plenty of whining the second she spots that white cup with the red straw. Her grubby hands go up in the air, her mouth opens and the whining begins while she scrunches up her nose as if to say “gimme, gimme!”

I’m not sure if it’s the actual drink or if it’s the yummy prize inside…..







You aren't afraid to let us know when you are hungry either. It's no secret around here....

"Is it midnight snack time yet?"

Not only do you eat like a horse, but you drink like a fish. I've had to start filling your cup with water during the day instead of milk or else you'd turn into a dairy cow. You even get thirsty while in the bathtub.....


"hmmm, tastes like soap."

My theory is that you have an overwhelming amount of energy output which requires an astounding amount of eating. Can I be honest with you though? I'm jealous of all that food you can put back. ;) Keep on eatin' and growin' nice and strong. You need big muscles for all of that climbing you love to do so much!





No comments:

Post a Comment