Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cuddle Bug

We have entered the phase I’ve been waiting forever for. It’s here and my heart has expanded and grown yet another chamber to house all of the love. From leg grabbing to kiss giving to lap cuddling, she has Riley and I grinning from ear to ear lately with her lovable ways. I am hoping this isn’t just a phase but rather a trait that she keeps.




The other night we were having a girl’s night while Riley was busy hauling stuff to town from the farm. We made a quick trip to Walmart to replace all of the “hallie food” that mysteriously disappeared while moving to the new place. Hallie without food is like ice cream without a cone. Like Chinese food without rice. Like black without white. Ya get my drift. So after shopping, washing my car and filling up with gas she was starving and hungry. And tired……but Riley had given me strict orders to keep her awake until he got home because he wanted some Hallie time so I figured when I got her out of the car that she would wake up. Instead she nestled her head into my neck and wrapped her legs around my waist. Sweet. Baby. Girl. I decided it was high time I get some snuggle time in so we curled up in the chair and she snored on my chest for a good thirty minutes. Why am I making such a big deal out of this? Because my girl usually doesn’t slow down long enough to stop for a drink of milk let alone give me some love. I soaked up every last bit of her sweetness. She hasn’t been that still since she was a month old. I used to study everything about her while she was sleeping on my chest. I miss that so much. But tonight she gave some time. Some time to study the little blonde hairs on her arms. And the little goosebumps on her back. And her itty bitty fingernails. And her pink little lips. I love that girl. It’s times like these when I know for sure that she loves me too…..



No comments:

Post a Comment