Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pajamas at the Playground

Saturday morning brought about cool(er) weather and a great morning to get outside. So that’s just what we did. We being Hallie and I. Riley had left with trailer in tow to get a load of stuff from the Mustang house and of course sleeping in was out of the question….quite a shame that our girl hasn’t yet learned the beauty of sleeping in late on a Saturday morn. ;) Hallie carbed up on a breakfast of toast with blueberry apple sauce with a side of milk and thus was ready to go. I strapped her into the jogging stroller thinking that she would enjoy the temps and the quiet morning….eh, not so much. She wasn’t enjoying it nearly as much as I was so we reversed and headed back to the house to hop on the bike. I thought for sure she would love the bike. Eh, not so much. Yep, you guessed it….we turned the bike around and headed back. But not because my little Lance Armstrong wasn’t diggin’ the bike, but because the chain was giving me fits and the bike wasn’t going anywhere when I pedaled. She seemed to be more interested in biking as I pushed her back standing beside her. We parked ol Bessie (Riley will have to take a looksy at her chain for me) and grabbed the jogging stroller one more time….as you can see I wasn’t going to give up on getting in a workout. I grabbed my trusty camera and we jogged down the trails to the playground at the elementary school nearby. On our way we ran into friends Kim and BJ and chatted for a bit. We also came across a lovely couple who had picked up a binky that they had seen Hallie throw from the bike. Once I set her feet down at the playground she took off for some fun and freedom. Little girl was rockin’ it in her pajamas with her diaper poking out of the top of the ill-fitting pants. I probably should retire these pjs but her little booty looks oh so cute in them. ;)



We sorted rocks on the ground and practiced saying “yuck, yuck, yuck” as she attempted to eat several. After a few head shaking “no, no, no”s she figured out rocks weren’t tasty treats. I love my girl time with Hal...





She always seems to find a way to make me laugh…

She looked up and noticed all of the fun “stuff” she had to climb on. She was in rare fashion (literally) and was timid about climbing up on the playgym.  But that didn’t last long….



The clock was nearing 10:00 a.m. and apparently Hal thought it was no longer ok to be wearing her pajamas in public at such a late morning hour so she gave me the feeling she was ready to head back to the house.


As far as I'm concerned, it is perfectly fine to wear pajamas at any hour of the day....especially when you are one. Wear those jammies proud girl......

No comments:

Post a Comment