Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend at Gman's

Hallie thought it would be a good idea to spread some cheer this weekend so we decided what better place than Gman's house! We made our way to Enid on Friday afternoon and couldn't wait to see Aunt B and Gman. She wanted to make sure to start Friday evening off with some laughs. Hence her clothing selection.....

"I Got Some Junk in my Trunk"

"So do you think it worked? Did we cheer them up?"

"ok, how about now??!"

Aunt Lisa and Uncle David offered to feed us some yummy food that night so we joined them and Aunt Lana and Uncle Danny for some dinner and dessert. Hallie scored some off the charts cute summer clothes from her Great Aunt Lana! Thank you Detrixhes for keeping us busy and surrounded by company! <3 Gman made it a point to spend plenty of quality time with his girl...

"Love you Gman"

Dad, sis, Spencer and I gave our best attempt at staying awake to watch a movie Friday night but failed miserably. I made it through fifteen minutes and then went to snuggle up with my sweet girl. She did great despite my fears that she would not sleep well in a different place. This was her first time to stay the night in Enid and she did great. I have a feeling she liked the company of me right next to her. I now understand why parents have their children sleep in bed with them...she slept so peacefully!

We were up bright and early and greeted by Gman. He was the awesome dad that he is and made us a delicious breakfast while we finished our movie from the night before. Hallie enjoyed her own breakfast and as always needed a bath ASAP. Aunt B and Hallie thought it would be fun to try out bathing on her belly. Turns out she absolutely loves belly bathtime!

And she also loves herself.......

"Mirror, mirror on the wall who's the most kissable of all..."

And while we are on the subject of cuteness and kissability...how stinkin' cute are baby bath robes???????


Naptime came quickly so the three adults attempted to tackle thank you card writing and organizing. Hallie must've thought she was missing out because her nap was very short-lived. I had made her a pallet on the floor and this is where I found my little stinker after she woke up.....

"I'm making a fort momma"

After realizing that thank you card writing wasn't her forte she decided that chewing on measuring cups was a more fun activity....



We were sad to leave so soon but Hallie made sure to leave Gman with lots of love!

"I make a great envelope licker..."



Baby girl, thank you for being a ray of sunshine for us all!!! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment