Saturday, March 19, 2011

Week One: Operation Happy

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY

As if the picture didn't give it away, Operation Happy has been a success. We found time to workout 5 out of 5 days and did fairly well with our diet. Although Daylight Savings Time has had us hitting our snooze button way more often than we would have preferred, it has been a God send this week as the extra sunshine is the perfect little pick-me-up at the end of each day. So we met exercise and diet goals (except for the stupid blueberry donut) but we pretty much bombed when it came to our "work less" goal.

Hallie has started her own Operation Happy. I didn't share her goals with you because she had yet to decide on them. She set some pretty big goals and met all of them this week. They are as follows... 1) be cute  2) stand like a big girl  3) be a diva.

Hallie had an entire week with Nanny. As usual, we are having babysitter issues but that seems to be a fixture in our lives right now (sigh). Nanny to the rescue! Oh yeah, and Miss Mary and Miss Cary. Miss Mary is Nanny's coworker and Miss Cary works in the church nursery. They were Nanny's relief during the afternoon while she went off to work. She has changed so much in one week. I stand amazed at her development each day. Like this picture text I got the other day from Nanny....

TOO BIG, STOP GROWING!!

She had a fun day of traveling and shopping with Nanny, Aunt Kylie and Uncle Bret on Thursday. First order of business...pick out a cute outfit for shopping...and duh, a big bow to top it off!

"I'm ready to go!"

Hallie's shopping list: organic baby food, a sun hat and a more bottles. She checked all of these items off of her list and added a few more thanks to Nanny!

"I'm ready to garden..."

The highlight of her week came on Thursday afternoon when she found out some exciting news. Hallie is going to be a COUSIN!!!! Well technically she already knew this...but what we didn't know is that Aunt Katie and Uncle Luke are having a baby GIRL!!!!!! Riley and I are thrilled to be an aunt and uncle to their sweetie! Hallie and her future BFF will be almost exactly one year apart. I can already picture many fun times being had with these little girls. :) Of course Hallie couldn't wait to give Aunt Katie a hug and say hi to her girl cousin......
"YAY for a girl!"

(I might add that our silly husbands who are hoping for a boy in the future should probably just prepare for a PINK life...girls run in both families...like big time.)

We capped off a good week with a relaxing Friday night. I was treated to a mani/pedi with Nanny and Katie and then made Riley take me out for pizza. No diet on Friday night. ;) Hallie even slept in til near 8 a.m. on Saturday morning! Wondering what I did to deserve that...but it was WONDERFUL!!! After sleeping in and fitting in a short workout, I was off to see one patient that I needed to see. Might I add that I don't normally work on the weekend nor do I even plan on doing it again. Simply because I showed up and said patient decided she didn't feel like getting out of bed. WELL NEITHER DID I!!!! Lol. At the time it took all of my patience to smile and say goodbye after nearly begging her to do some therapy with me. No such luck so I returned to my little family. We loaded up the munchkin and she and I were off to Enid. Riley stayed behind for some male bonding time with his dad at an outdoors show and some quality time with his other baby...the Mustang. As for Hallie and I, we packed in playing, shopping, and celebrating. First order of business was to fit in some playtime with Gman.....

Gettin' some sun 

As Hallie was all smiles for Cousin Dara, I caught a glimpse of something white in Hallie's mouth. Could it be????!!!! A TOOTH!! Yes, her very first itty bitty sweet baby tooth is coming through on the bottom. I had no idea that I would be that darn excited about a tooth. But I was, so Bailey and I proceeded to clap and cheer while Hallie looked at us like we were crazy lunatics. Part of my happiness could be based on a dream that I had the night before....I dreamed that my sweet girl had grown four giant molars as her front teeth. Talk about Hillbilly Baby!! I think I was so happy just to see a normal tiny tooth that I got a little worked up. It's the little things in life. Or maybe I was so excited about the fact that the tooth was about to arrive and she hadn't done much protesting about it. Either way, I can no longer say she has a toothless grin.

Measuring cups= perfect teething toy

"Get off the phone!!"

Hallie put her party hat on for some fun tonight at Aunt Lisa and Uncle David's. We celebrated Uncle David's birthday with some more "non-diet" food and some "non-diet" dessert.  But you see, these calories were balanced out by lots of shopping and strolling this afternoon. I'd say Hallie benefited the most from this trip. And I'd say cousin Dara walked away traumatized by this trip....mostly due to the blowout Hallie had in the middle of a store in which we had to push a screaming dirty baby through the store while I held up the back of her shirt to avoid making a bigger mess. Let's just say that my new watch will never be the same. :( Yuck! Along the way we met up with Aunt B and Aunt Heather. Yay for girl time!!! Aunt B enjoyed pushing an empty stroller and made numerous comments about how smooth the stroller glided...whatever floats your boat Aunt B. :) Hallie came away with some purty new summer duds. Just a couple months and Hallie will be toddling around in a bikini!

Here's a few pics from this evening's family fun....

Hallie talkin' with the big girls about the latest T Swift and Justin Beiber news;)

"We seem to have quite a few similarities Mr. Bulldog...I slobber a lot and get around on all 4s too"

Birthday Boy and Aunt Lisa getting in some Hallie time

Here's to an even better week #2 of Operation Happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment