Thursday, March 10, 2011

A is for awesome. F is for family

As my aunt Lisa puts it..."that's what family is for." I have found myself thanking her about a million times over the past two weeks and that is always her response. What on earth would I do without my family? (and that includes you Heather) It didn't take a tragedy for me to figure this out...I already knew that my family was awesome but they have all SHINED these past two weeks. It was so comforting to have everyone together...they made sure we never had an empty house. Here is a glimpse into Friday night (Feb 25th) in Enid...this was picture sorting night...is it possible to have the saddest night and most fun night at the same time??? Well when you spend a few minutes with these guys it's hard not to crack a smile or have a sore face from laughing constantly.....

Dad, Aunt Pauline, Dara, Presley, Heather, Spencer, Aunt B, Lisa, Sharon & Hurley (puppy)

Heather, Aunt Lisa, and Uncle David

One of the many reasons I love my family....it is huge!!! My mother has four sisters and one brother (one being a twin sister). David claims to be her favorite brother and I know she would have agreed! ;) And I can't forget my Dad's sister (Aunt Alta). Always a calming presence and a kind word to share. Everyone has their role in our family...which usually means we run like a fine-oiled machine (most of the time, lol). Hallie girl even has a role now...the entertainer. This used to be cousin Dara's job but now she must share duties with the wee one....

Hangin' with Great Aunt Ping Ping

Cousin Presley


Partners in crime...Cousin Dara & lil stinker

And while I'm on the topic of awesomeness, I can't forget to mention my mom's work family. Outstanding group of people. They were so much more than coworkers to her...they were all friends and she talked about them ALL THE TIME!

Roger (mom's boss) and Aunt B

I can't talk about family without mentioning my own "little family." In some ways, Hallie has been my saving Grace. No pun intended. ;) If it weren't for her I'm not sure if I would feel a need to crawl out of bed or start my morning routine each day. She keeps me laughing along side that other silly person I love so much! My husband has suddenly transformed into the most sympathetic, compassionate and comforting person...sssshhhhh! Don't tell him I told you!! I might jinx it! My two loves keep me going everyday and are both right there to catch my fall. I think Riley is now on guard for any sudden meltdowns over silly things. He's armed and ready with a hug and a shoulder to cry on.

What a great in-law family I have too! I don't know what I would have down without them while I was in Enid last week. They were lifesavers on more than one occasion and it has been so nice to have everyone so close. Aunt Katie, Aunt Kylie and Nanny take any opportunity to spend time with their Hallie girl.

I'll tell you one thing, God has some good timing. I received orders to begin physical therapy on my grandmother the day after mom's service. Coincidence? Of course not. It has been a sort of peaceful time to spend with my grandparents each week...God must have known they would need the extra company. I brought Hallie with me on Tuesday for grandma's therapy session. I don't think I have ever seen my grandpa as happy as he was that day! And don't get me started on how happy it makes grandma to see her great grandbaby crawl and laugh and play.

Dear dad and sis...I love you. I'm here for you. We make an awesome team. Mom would be proud of us. I just know it. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment