Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hallie's Dog Gone Day

What a pretty day. Perfect for a walk with Nanny and the dogs. Hallie thought she would take over and handle the pups this afternoon. The walk didn't last long according to Nanny for a few reasons. The main reason being that Hallie inherited her daddy's skin which basically means she would bake in the sun and end up the color of a tomato if she stayed out too long. Nanny is great about keeping me updated on their doings throughout the day...pictures and all!! It usually is the highlight of my day to see what the silly girl is up to. Today's update definitely gave me a good laugh. And a happy heart.

Hallie took out to walk the dogs but first had to gather all of her essentials. Hair bow....check. Two socks....check. Binky and clip....check. Two dogs....check. And we're off.....


Nanny says they made it to the end of the driveway and had to take an inventory. Two socks turned to one sock. Two dogs turned to no dogs.


Shortly after, it was time for another inventory of essentials. Hair bow..."check out my pretty necklace." Two socks...."oh, you mean those things I'm eating??"  Binky...."if it were a snake it would have bitten me." Two dogs...."what dogs??"


Hallie Grace wanted to continue her dog day by trying a bit of canine cuisine. I might also mention that the journey to the dog bowl was the longest she has ever ventured out. I think she just realized a whole new world when she crawled off of the carpeted area tonight.

"Emmi, how many calories is in this stuff? I'm on an all organic diet ya know."


"I think I might need teeth for these pellets..."

"Ah, what the heck?! I'll give it a try."

No, I did not let my pint sized munchkin try out this yummy treat. (But I might add that her mother used to enjoy munching on soft dog food when she was little. Maybe it is genetic. YUCK!!!!!) And after all of her dog gone activities today, she even resembled a dog before heading to bed...the girl was covered in dog hair thanks to our shedding furry friend. I think I know why Emmi and Hallie are BFFs....they share the exact same interests.....eat, sleep, poop, and make messes. A match made in heaven. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment