Saturday, March 5, 2011

Crawling into month 7

Look out world! Hallie's coming for you! And if there is a dog or a dog toy within a five foot radius, she will attack!


Dear baby girl,

You were seven months old this past Sunday. So much has changed during this past month. Good and bad. Let's start with the good. Babyproofing begins NOW! You are not only a roly poly but also a bonified crawler. I'm not sure if there is a term for the type of crawl you have been doing. It's not really an Army crawl nor is it a crawl on all 4s....so we will call it the Hallie Crawl. It's not the most fluid, graceful movement but it gets you from point A to point B. The speed of your boogie depends on your goal in sight....a bottle or a binky sure get you moving fast. Dog toys do as well. I am not sure why we have baskets of toys when all you really want is Emmi's pink weenie dog squeaky toy. You always find someway to get your grubby hands on it everytime I turn my back. Don't get me wrong, you are a playing machine and each of your real toys gets their fair share of slobber time. Your favorite toy at the moment is your soft book. I still can't get you interested in actually listening to me read but you love to hear the sound it makes when you shake it.

Although you seem to be changing everyday, one thing remains the same...you and Emmi are still BFFs. I found out a couple weeks ago that not only do you enjoy Emmi's toys, but you also wanted to get your hands on something else of Emmi's. I was tickled by the way you and Emmi were posing the other day on the floor so of course I grabbed my weapon and started shooting. ;) You two just looked so chummy....


When all of a sudden you started to put your hand up to your mouth....


Yuck! NO! You decided to have yourself a taste of a doggy Dingo bone. Gross Hallie! Not cool. No more dog bones for this baby!

You are hilarious and you don't even know it yet. I am 100% sure you get this quality from your daddy! So I guess he's the one who taught you to stick your tongue out at people....



You love to help me put away laundry....


  
You are silly. Your personality manifests itself everyday in the crazy new skills that you show off. You are a pro at finding your binky anywhere around you and popping it in your mouth. You have started switching objects from hand to hand. You are working hard on getting the hang of your pincher grasp....we have been practicing with puff cereal. Most of the time it ends up being slobbered on and then stuck to your arm but you are getting there. We made it to month six with breastfeeding...the goal was 12 months but I'm trying not to beat myself up about it. You enjoy fine-dining on a wide selection of Gerber 2nd foods: pear-apple, mixed vegetables, garden vegetables, apple with oatmeal, mango smoothie, banana-berry, and so on and so on. Hallie, you haven't met a food you didn't like as everyone can tell by your assortment of cute little body rolls. Here you are trying out your sweet potato puffs...you always find someway to sneak some food to your BFF.....I can see it now, you sneaking your veggies to Emmi under the table every night at dinner....


You were one sick baby not too long ago. That stupid ol' RSV bug came and bit ya. You had your first and hopefully LAST hospital stay this past month. About the only good memory I have of that two day stay is the outrageously cute baby hospital gown that we snuck home with us....

"If I act extra silly will the doc let me out?"

Not feelin' so hot

"I posted bail last night so why am I still in here?"

You got over your RSV...but for some reason you traded the V for a B and now have a bad case of RBS. Restless Baby Syndrome. You definitely have your grumpy days where nothing seems to make you happy. Are you teething? Do you have belly aches? Maybe I just bore you? One thing that you make very apparent is your extreme dislike for your carseat. All you have to do is gain a couple more pounds and we can get you hooked up with a big girl carseat. I do have one small suggestion though that could help solve your grumpiness...you could try this one thing, it's called SLEEPING at night! I guess I can't just pick on your grumpy days without talking about your happy days. Those are the days that mommy loves...the days where everything makes you giggle and you are content to chew on your toys and watch Emmi walk around. You love to explore everything is sight.  You LOVE water and bathtime is your favorite part of the day. Just give you a washcloth and a tub of water and you are set...that is until you turn into a baby prune.

My sweet girl, it hurts me so much to say that your sixth month ended in sadness. Your Grammy Karen passed away on February 24, 2011. Hallie, I hope you know how much she loved you. A million x infinity!!! You were her sunshine. You were something she had dreamt about. Wanna know how I know? You were on her bucket list. Two days after she passed away we found a list titled "100 things I want to do before I die." #8 on the list was "be there for the birth of my grandchild." I am so glad that she was able to cross you off of her list and enjoy you for the short time that she did. I will make sure you always remember your Grammy and I hope that this journal will fill your heart with memories of her when you are older. She was a special lady. I hope as your mother that I can measure up to the standard that she set. I also hope to carry on some of the traditions that Grammy started with me when I was younger. You had better be a good girl because she sees you. ;) I love you baby girl. Keep growing and keep shining!


Love, Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment