Monday, March 28, 2011

CRAZY EIGHT

Dear crazy child of mine,

It just takes one word to describe this past month: EVERYWHERE. That is where you are! You are everywhere and into everything. Since your new found mobility has been the theme of this month I'll start with that. It's hard to believe that you used to be a gentle little girl who enjoyed sitting in one spot and playing with your toys. You still love to play...except now you try to find objects that aren't toys and you sure don't stay in one stop. You are progressing at an alarming rate it seems...and by progressing I mean that you are now able to make even bigger messes and get into even more stuff. If it's something that you shouldn't have, well, you will find a way to get your hands on it. For example, dinner time.


"It's dinnertime? Oh, I thought you said it was finger-painting time...sorry"

You crawl at the speed of light and get from point A to point B faster than I can run! I must say that it is rather humorous that you just discovered that there is more to this place than just the carpeted living room area.....yes, my little lady, there are many more places to explore. But I don't need to tell you that...you frequent them daily. The bathroom is by far your favorite room to inspect. Must be because bath time is your favorite time of day. You also love to make sneaky trips to the dog food bowl. One would think that a child's attention span would increase with time...however, I've found that your ability to focus on anything is hindered by your love for exploration. You are easily distracted by any object that catches your eye. You are now able to crawl up on all 4s and you have left your belly crawl in the dust. Maybe you are taking after your friend Grizzo, but you have taken up the art of bear crawling. This is one of our favorites to sit back and laugh at! You are able to transition from crawling back to sitting now. You enjoy stretching both of your legs up so that you can munch on both feet at once. Looks uncomfortable, but whatever works for ya baby! I have had to bust out the stroller straps as of late because you have figured out the art of flipping over in your stroller and crawling up the back. Last week on our daily walk, I noticed a hand poking out of the top of the stroller...well hello little lady. You just earned yourself a couple of straps to hold you in tight. Precious cargo!



We have been practicing walking by having you hold onto our fingers and waddling along. This is not the prettiest form of locomotion so we have gone back to the basics...pulling up. You are still getting the hang of this. The other day I found you pulled up on the outside of the tub waiting on me to get out of the shower. You just looked up at a surprised momma like "what's the big deal?" I about had a heart attack baby girl! What a wonderful accomplishment. I hope someday you know how much I delight in your accomplishments both big and small. You are my sunshine...and you seem to cover as many miles as the sun. ;)



Itty bitty toothies!!!You started cutting your first tooth about two weeks ago. You has been a trooper through this teething process....thanks to random objects to chew on. For instance, as I'm typing this you have crawled over and are gnawing on the leg of the table. I wish I had a picture of your mini teeth but I think I would have to put you in a baby straight jacket and tie you down and even then it would be tough. Teething gel and Tylenol seem to do the trick when you are in pain. Usually you make it easy to tell what is wrong...I find you eating your finger off and you have a "my teeth hurt" cry. I secretly love feeling your teeth everyday to find that they have popped up a little bit more. Can't wait for that toothy smile to appear!

Babysitter carousel. We have approximately five babysitters at the moment. Nanny, Linda, Cari, Mary and Jennifer. I really, really, really wish we could downsize to two babysitters like we used to have, but for now it seems as though we will just keep going with the flow until something good happens. Jennifer is the church nursery director and she is a Godsend. She absolutely adores you sweet girl...and it goes without saying that she was thrilled to watch you last week while Nanny was on vacation. She kept me supplied with pics of you throughout the day and made sure to keep you busy so that you would be nice and tired by the end of the day...
Toy Heaven

"Are you my new friend?"

I am working hard at convincing Jennifer to babysit you on Mondays and Wednesdays. If you continue to look this cute at church on Sundays, maybe we can convince her together....

"Pweeeeease!!!???"

You took your very first trip to the zoo this month. You didn't necessarily get to indulge in what the zoo has to offer but there will be many more trips to come as a family...





Mini-therapist in training. You are destined to be a therapist. Just as I used to go to work with Grammy, you have been going to work with me on occasion. I think you will have your Masters before long. So far you have learned about a lot of stuff..... 

Oxygen management....



Walker safety.....




And paperwork......



Storytime. We are kicking reading into high gear. You have loved your books all along...loved eating them to be exact. All of the edges of your books are chewed off and worn. You will crawl over anything to get to your book box....

"This puggle is no match for my strong leg muscles"

Surprisingly you are sometimes able to sit and read a book with me. I absolutely cherish these moments where you sit and look at your silly books instead of eating them. Right now we are enjoying two new books courtesy of Aunt Lisa....one of them has big wobbly puppy eyes on the front that you seem to love. Emmi must have been listening to the words to because she gathered around for some story time about doggies...

"Did someone say something about my kin, the Beagle?"

Little piggy. You are scarfing down three to four jars of baby food a day. Although you love to reach for people's food in their hands or on their plates you don't enjoy giving it a taste. So far you have tried some potato, strawberry, bread, and banana. Most of them you will actually let me put on your tongue. Banana is a different story....

"No thank you, I prefer it in a jar!"

Just some fun random facts about you. You are a goofball! You laugh at everything your dad does. It's still that hoarse, raspy laugh but it has become your trademark! Your smile is as big as the day is long and it has been known to turn around any bad day in a heartbeat. You are wearing clothes that range from 3 months to 12 months.  Although you still fit into some 3 month pjs, that does not mean you by any means a little girl. You continue to get daily comments on your sweet little arm and leg rolls. I love to tickle you and see your smile and hear your baby giggle. You are a chatterbox! Your dad has been gloating lately, and for good reason, because you are muttering the word "dada." I am pretty sure you have no idea what the word means because everyone and everything seems to be "dadadadadada" these days. ;) It took you nearly eight months to figure out how to bounce in your bouncer....




Month seven was BY FAR the most fun and most rewarding time we have had with you thus far! Your dad and I are amazed at what you do daily and we often sit and dream about the things you will do in the future. I daydream about seeing you walk for the first time, hearing your first word, and believe it or not I have already started planning your first birthday party...it's only four short months away!


I love you sweet baby girl. You brighten our lives. Keep on shining!

No comments:

Post a Comment