Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bad Habits

I had no idea that 7 month olds had such a darn good memory. Part of me (the parent who wants to laugh and take pictures) is thinking "oh how cool, she remembers where the dog food bowl is, what a smarty pants." The other part of me (the prudent parent) is thinking "so this is what people mean when they say that mobile babies get into everything, and I should probably not encourage this." Well you can see which part of me overpowered the other. I couldn't help but catch a video of our cruiser making her third trip to the dog bowl this evening (if you listen really closely you will hear our polite lady fart and then grunt the whole way as she's crawling). I even tried to trick her with strawberry flavored freeze-dried treats but she wasn't having it. All she wanted was dog food tonight. And it turns out Emmi didn't mind finishing off the pile of unwanted treats I offered to Hallie. Note: Of course I did not let her eat the dog food. You would think the nasty smell of it would deter her but it's obviously gonna take more than that. Poor girl makes it the whole way to the kitchen (which I'm sure it seems like a mile to her) and I let her hold victory (aka, science diet lamb meal and rice) in her grubby lil hand and then snatch it away.





I had a talk with her about her bad habit. You can see that it worked very well because this is where I found her five minutes later....

No comments:

Post a Comment