Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sleepover in E-Town

Hallie Grace was on the mend and just in time for a trip to G's house. Our trio loaded up Our group of five loaded up (yes, the dogs went too) in the truck and headed to Enid on Friday night. A lot later than I'd planned and a lot fuller than I preferred. Ya see, I had sort of forgotten that we had dogs who would need tended to while we were gone for the next day. The rest of the fam would be gone as well so that only left one option. A lap full of dog hair and a 90 pound Golden in the backseat trying to find some room. At one point I think Lucy was trying to raise her paw to grab the door latch to end the misery. Luckily Hal must've sensed that we didn't need anymore chaos in the car so she stayed completely content watching her Dora Christmas DVD. Oh and it was raining....and the dog was secreting some awful sort of stench most likely caused by all of the commotion. I've never been so excited to open the door to the car and hop out. Freedom!!!!! My black shirt was a nice shade of brown dog hair, my nerves were a bit frazzled from a long week and the cramped up drive in the rain and I was starving for the pizza that was waiting on the dining room table. We unloaded the truck and loaded our bellies along with Aunt Alta, Gman, Uncle Spencer and Aunt B who were there to spend the evening together. Seeing my family that evening was just what I needed to regain a bit of the sanity that was lost during the previous week. We had a low key but fun night with a lot of laughs...mainly at Hallie......

She stole Santa's hat....

....and stole Aunt Alta's shoes.....

.....and lastly stole Aunt Alta's heart. <3


It took a mere five minutes before she was leading me back to the guest bedroom to open the closet where her toys are stored. Smarty pants remembered watching me put them up last time we were at G's house. She stood beside me requesting her purple bracelet and tiara as I dug for the box of fun. She had snatched the princess necklace during our last trip and had been sporting it all day so it paired well with the rest of her princess gear.....

"Now the outfit is complete!'

Uncle S was a good sport and let Hal play princess with him.....

"That's how real princesses wear their tiaras"

I can't forget to mention what was waiting for me on the table when I walked in. A very special and incredibly thoughtful gift from my darling sis......

LOVE IT!

Hallie and Grace and I also had more undeserved gifts on the table from Aunt Alta. She had bought Hal the most precious outfit complete with two matching bows and I now have some shopping to do thanks to my sweet aunt. 

So back to all the laughs and such. Sis and I gave Hal a bath that night and our cheeks were hurting from laughing so hard by the time she was all cleaned up. Apparently when you tell Hal to "make a funny face" you never know what to expect. It turns out she's got quite a few faces in her repertoire.....




After bath and pj time she begged the crowd to give her rides down the hall on my old froggy sleeping bag that I found in the guest room closet. She fell in love with that sleeping bag and didn't budge from it for a good thirty minutes while each of us got a workout pulling her around.....

"Again! Again! Again!"

The night flew by much too fast. We said goodbye to Alta, B and S. We said goodnight to G. The morning came almost as quickly as the evening had flown by. Hallie slept like a rock and didn't stir until I opened her door around 8:30 before Riley and I left for Kylie's graduation in Stillwater. G did what he does best and spoiled Hal by cooking her some eggs and bacon and serving it up to Miss Priss....



I can't be sure about all of the shenanigans that G and Hal had that day but I did get a few pictures throughout the day that led me to believe that they kept busy.....

They ventured the grocery store where G found out all about the rambunctious side of Hal

They grabbed some cookies at Katy's Pantry

They ate lunch and then swung outside in the hammock in the beautiful weather

They swung and slid until the cows came home...or maybe until G needed a break

She learned a bit about the biker culture on the back of his Harley

Riley and I picked up a worn out Hal around 2:30 or so and found that she was not ready to part ways with G. When asked if she wanted to stay or go she gave a very emphatic "STAY!!!" Alright, I get the message baby girl....

Best buds

BFFs

I'll be BFFs with him too as long as he keeps buying me these lovely treats......


Someone couldn't wait to dig in on our way home. The only thing worse than a broken and crumbled cookie is a broken and crumbled cookie that has been licked by a messy two-year-old. I suppose she was trying to lick off the icing to no avail....


This goofy girl was feeling on top of the world after an evening with family, a good night's sleep and a day with G! Not to mention she woke up with no cough and a sparkle back in her eyes!


No comments:

Post a Comment