Thursday, December 13, 2012

Operation Decorate Gman's Christmas Tree

Everyone needs a Christmas tree. EVERYONE. And just because Gman didn't have the energy or want-to to decorate his tree this year didn't mean he was exempt from having a sparkly tree in his living room. He came to just the right person and asked me if I'd help him. Duh!!!!!!!! Do I want to decorate???? That's a no brainer. ;) After our morning at the downtown Christmas parade  we loaded up our bags and some snacks and made our way to Enid. She went along with my nap plan for her and snoozed the last hour of the drive. I had to wake her up after we pulled into Hobby Lobby. Upon getting her out of the carseat I realized that I had made a boo boo. She usually naps in a Pull-up and I had failed to put one on her for her car nap. Bad idea. Pee pee everywhere. Poor girl hadn't even realized it as she slept and probably wondered why she was sitting in something wet when she woke up. We did some cleaning up with the help of some God-sent helpers in the parking lot. We had made last minute plans to detour to my favorite store and meet up with Lisa who just happened to meet up with Heather who was checking out when she walked in. Three of my favorite redheads unexpectedly under one roof??? The day went from good to better! Hallie walked hand in hand with her fellow gingers who made good assistants for holding her puppies that she had snatched up once entering the store.....


Our Hob Lob trip wasn't without it difficulties considering that she had become instantly attached to those two puppies. Dang store and all of the expensive junk you put at the front of the store! I was so thankful for help as I checked out. Dad called me on our way out and asked me to meet him at the cemetery. I'm not ashamed to admit that the cemetery is a place I only go a few times a year. It makes me sad therefore I avoid it. But I do love to see how pretty mom's stone looks. Bailey and Dad keep thinks looking beautiful....


So what was the urgent need for my presence all about? Well, ya see, my dad thought he needed to perform a death-defying act of craziness to get some wind chimes up in a nearby tree. Yes, this man would risk his own life to keep some beautiful sounds out near mom. I watched (and panicked) as he climbed up to the top of a rickety ol' wooden ladder.and used a rake/paint roller combo that he'd rigged up with duct tape to lift the chimes up to the tree limb....


Things didn't end well on the ol' ladder. No, he didn't fall and break his neck. But the chimes did fall and break. :( We loaded up, said bye to momma and went to Katy's Pantry for some dinner. I picked up Hallie at Lisa and David's since she'd been there playing while I went to help dad. Once we got to Gman's house I unloaded my car before we got to eating dinner. And cookies. Can't forget the cookies...


Then of course we had to break out the toy box. It was no surprise that she grabbed for the princess gear and donned her tiara the best way she knew how.....


I think I'll still be laughing at the way she wears that thing years from now because I have no doubt that she will still be goofy enough to wear it upside down as a pair of glasses even when she knows better. ;) Gman's doggies got plenty of attention and love from Lil Red. In fact, Chigger was getting some extra special attention. And by that I mean she was purposefully pulling on his ears in an attempt to drive him crazy. Mission accomplished....


We laughed (and videoed) as she yanked on his ears to make him growl and snip at her. Poor ol' Chig wouldn't hurt a soul but boy he was acting tough. She thought it was a riot and couldn't stop giggling! I realized I was running out of time that night so I got to work placing the tree together while Hallie and Gman watched Lady and the Tramp II on the couch and supervised my work. It didn't take long at all to complete the beautiful tree. It was even prettier than I had remembered!


Gman thanked me profusely for doing what he had no interest in doing. I didn't mind at all. In fact, I wish I could decorate Christmas trees and houses for a living. Psh, a girl can dream! Gman must've been exhausted from all of the supervising and he was snoring on the couch in no time. Hal and I opted to finish the movie and cuddled on the chair with Aunt B's doggie....


I had a bit of a hard time (ok, actually a ridiculously difficult time) getting Hal to fall asleep. I must've blocked out most of the details of our magical beds adventure due to the level of disappointment I had. Ya see, I was so excited to try out the new guest room that dad has been putting together. The brand new furniture and bedding had me begging to go to bed. Hal had other plans. I even tried to get her to fall asleep on the bed with me. We eventually ended up with her bed on the floor beside the bed which meant one thing and one thing only....she woke up way too early when she spotted me next to her that morning. Oy ve. And better yet, she was raring to go and wanted to go swing at 7:00 a.m. My heavens, child, give momma a break!


The cuteness seeped through and soon had me forgetting how tired I was and scooping dirt and see-sawing with her....


I left the two buds back at the house while I ran to Winchell's for some donuts and juice. Hal was pretty pleased with her tiny sprinkle donuts and I was just tickled pink eating my favorite pink cake donut....


I did some cleaning up after my tiny tornado while she and Gman played and made more messes. She got more use out of her princess crown and insisted on wearing her jewelry home. She also enjoyed Gman's bathtub so much that she requested a mid-morning bath out of the blue. Silly gal! Our Sunday morning at G's was a fantastic way to start the day and end the weekend. Everybody won.....G has a pretty tree now, Hal got to hang with her G, I got to see G and Hal hang together.....win, win, win!

No comments:

Post a Comment