Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Christmas Card Morning

ATTENTION all cute grandbabies!!!! It's time to smile pretty for Nanny and Papa's Christmas cards. 

This was the news alert that Hal and Carmen received from their beloved Nanny on Friday morning. Nanny stopped by our house on my day off to drop off Hallie's attire for their photo shoot the following morning. It just so happened to be an incredibly adorable Peaches & Cream holiday outfit that I'd been eyeing at the boutique downtown. It came with a cute fuzzy, white hat that I immediately knew would end up being ripped off my Miss Sassy Pants. I hung her new duds on her closet handle so that we could admire it for a day aka making her like it so that she wouldn't fight me while I dressed her in it. The admiring process worked because she was thrilled to slip into her one piece Christmas gear on Saturday morning. We drove over to Nanny and Papa's around 10:00 and decided pretty quickly that we wanted to spend as little time outdoors as possible. Buuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr! Things were getting cold out! The girls ran around chasing the cat and firing up some mischief....


We hadn't planned it but they both wore some cute pink shoes which made the matching outfits even cuter! We clipped some bows in her their tiny little hairs and blindsided them with what ended up being thirty minutes of photos. For a couple of little ladies who did not want to stop playing long enough to smile, I'd have to say they did very well. We plopped them down on Nanny's lap to get them warmed up....


Hallie was being a Nanny's girl and refused to sit on Papa's lap. Aunt Katie suddenly came down with cold and had lots of sneezing to do (ok, maybe fake sneezes but they did the trick to put smiles on these faces)....




The mamarazzi was snapping away and followed the crew to the front yard where the girls were mesmerized by Minnie and Mickey. Hallie was channeling good ol' Mick and leaned in for kiss.....


As I'd expected Hallie did not wear her fuzzy white hat but she did enjoy her little red bow and checked on it several times to make sure it was in place. Lots of sneezing and silliness was shamelessly used to keep the girls smiling. Between Katie and I, we got some pretty good shots in the end.....




Here's a fun game for a two-year-old.....pretend that each candy cane lining the driveway is a different flavor. She took me seriously and tested out each flavor as she went along. Hahahahaha.....

"Yum, grape!"


Luke brought his 'Stang over and Papa pulled his out in the street as well to get some shots with the girls and the cars. Babies, red hot rods and Christmas? Sounds good to me.....






We moved our show back inside to warm up. I checked out Nanny's new Christmas decor and munched on some delicious homemade sugar cookies while the girls played with their new Little People nativity sets that Nanny had ordered....

Oh yeah, of course she helped me eat the cookies.;)


She also picked up these brand new matching stockings for the girls....


The Christmas card wouldn't be complete without a shot of Nanny and Papa's newest child (empty nest kitty). He posed well and proved to be the most cooperative out of the three children this morning....

"Duh, I'm a sophisticated cat."


Carmen had lots of love for Mr. Kitty.....



I got busy whipping up a Christmas card design for Nanny after we finished with pictures. I sent them some options as I went along and Papa voted for "less cat and more of the car." Unfortunately Katie and I didn't get many good shots of the girls in the car. Nanny's vote had more power so the cat stayed on the card and they turned out great! Thanks to these sweet little elves.......


No tears. No screaming. SUCCESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment