Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanks Daddy

Lil Red and I are daddy's biggest fans on a daily basis. But there are a few days during the year when our LOVE and gratitude for him multiplies! This past weekend we celebrated the Marine Corps 237th birthday as well as Veteran's Day. It should come as no surprise that our main man spent his Marine birthday doing lots and lots of manual labor. Ooh rah!!!

Lugging in the bags of cement before the rain pours down

I could go on and on about all the things we are thankful for when it comes to our brave, strong, handsome, hard-working, generous and humorous guy....but most of all we are PROUD to call him husband and father. Don't believe me? Just check out Hallie's fantastic marching skills during our annual Veteran's Day program.....


We waved big flags and marched to the beat of the Marine Hymn as Riley looked on with the biggest grin on his face.....


Us girls slaved away in the kitchen all afternoon (okay, maybe just one of us) cooking up some of Riley's favorite for dinner....cheesy potato casserole, meatloaf and no bake cookies.





He was asked to speak today at Mooreland's Veteran's Day program. He spent part of Sunday evening at work preparing his speech and came home to practice for Hallie and I. He got several laughs from me and quite a few inappropriately timed squeals from Lil Red. I wasn't able to make it to the program because of work but I have no doubt that he did fantastic. I'm so very proud to call him my man.....




No comments:

Post a Comment