Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Sunny Sunday

We still love Sundays! Even though I've been MIA from the world of consistent blogging we are still chugging along day to day trying to make it out alive. Sundays are like a lovely little gift from God. You can almost hear him whisper "stop....relax a lil bit." So we tried really hard to listen a couple weekend's ago after many weeks of rush rush rush. Hallie started out the day all gussied up with her treasured Bible in tow. She holds onto that thing for dear life much to her parents' delight....

"MY BIBLE!!!"

After a morning at church it didn't take long to discover how incredibly gorgeous the weather was outside. We had our spring clothes on (plus a very uncharacteristic do-rag) and headed out to soak up some sunshine....


We hopped in and out of the house that afternoon with energy bursting at the seams. Well, one of us had energy and the other was chugging along as best she could. Chasing Hal is becoming a workout in and of itself. Stating the obvious here I guess. You'd think I'd be about as big as a stick after 28 months of running after a non-stop cartoon-watching, banana-eating, dancin', jumpin, somer-saultin' Lil Red!

"Wanna lose some weight? Do yoga with me mom!!"

She is usually on top of her silly game when all three of us are home for an afternoon...never failing to entertain.....


I often sit and wonder as I'm snapping the most ridiculous pictures of this girl...."are all children this silly?" I'm guessing the answer is yes but either way I'm thankful for the constant comedic relief....


We played a rousing round of her favorite "sleeping game"...quality activity let me tell ya. A game where mommy gets to close her eyes and pretend like she's sleeping???? YES PLEASE!!!!


The sleep gods shown down on me and granted me an actual nap that day. My first in a very very very very long time. I skipped an 8 mile training run while Hal snoozed away and it felt oh so good! Hallie got some good solid shut-eye that day with her sidekick Lucy all cuddled up by her side....


The weather was still fantastic come late afternoon so she and I did some park walking and duck calling on the dock....


I treated her to a cup of sherbet at Braum's after we left the park. She was by far the best ice cream date I've ever had! Such good manners....

"Well how do they expect you to eat this stuff?! It's hard!"


"See, my mouth is too small!"

"Needs a lil more kick..."

We capped off our fine Sunday with a little Dora.....


.....and some grocery shopping.....



One thing's for sure, Sundays are slowly getting colder and my nudest colony of one is going to have to start putting on the layers if she wants to go out and play. And I don't mind the snuggles one bit!!















No comments:

Post a Comment