Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ping Ping and Meme Come to Visit

Praise the LORD, Hallelujah, Meme is back home from the hospital! Her return home coincided with Aunt Pauline's annual summer trip to Shattuck. It ended up being great timing because she had a lot of extra help while recovering and going to lots of appointments. Since Meme was beginning to feel somewhat normal again I wanted to invite the two of them over for dinner so that Hallie and I could spend some quality time with both of them. The evening was both relaxing and entertaining. I love the comfortable feeling of having family around. It made my heart happy. And watching Hal bond with Ping Ping was good for the soul. After we'd eaten dinner the two of them did some coloring while I cleaned up the kitchen with Riley.....

Learning about the color pink


Hallie was showing some signs of crankiness (ok, I'll be honest, she was suddenly getting downright cranky) so I did what any mother would do. I went and pulled out the most obnoxious toy from the closet in the hopes that she would be too engulfed in it to whine. Well, it worked. But not without plenty of effort on my part. Setting up bowling pins about 57,379 times got old pretty fast. Meme watched and laughed as the little squirt knocked the pins over and clapped, clapped, clapped!

"I'm going for the spare"

Cheating a lil bit

Hal, Pauline and I spent a few minutes on the side patio just messing around until the silly ants started crawling up our legs. Ping Ping taught Lil Red the cutest little "ant dance" that I wish I would've captured on video....


By the end of the night Hallie had made a new friend and could call her by name (or nickname, that is).....


We were so happy to host two very special ladies in our lives for the evening. My hope is that one day Hallie will be able to look back at her story and realize how loved she truly was (and is). Of course I didn't let the moment slip past without snapping a picture from her evening with her great-grandma and great-aunt!!


We love you Meme and Ping Ping.

No comments:

Post a Comment