Sunday, August 5, 2012

"Bye bye poo"

"Poo" = pool


"It's too hot to go swimming."

I've found myself saying this statement a lot lately. I want to swim, don't get me wrong. It sounds refreshing and lovely. BUT it's the whole loading up in the car and walking from the parking lot up to the waterpark that holds me back. That's the part where I'm afraid we might have a heat stroke. Most of our time this past month has been spent inside making a wreck of the playroom. Just looking outside gets me sweating. I've been struggling with wondering if I'm just extremely lazy....or if the heat makes it impossible to even entertain the idea of going to the pool. I finally changed my thinking this week....

I went from "it's too hot to swim" to "it's too hot not to swim." And it's a good thing too because it became evident this week that we are running out of time to take advantage of the pool. We've made quite a habit of hitting up our favorite summer spot this past week before it's time to officially say "bye bye poo."

Little fishy and I took a trip to the waterpark last Sunday. She was looking pretty spiffy in her crazy get-up. She picked out her own accessories just FYI.....


It felt good to get back out in the water. We swirled around in the deep end and she had a hay day riding on my back as we crawled through the water. We were sad to leave but she didn't have to wait long for a return trip. Nanny and Aunt Ky picked her up from daycare this week for a nice surprise trip to the pool with cousin Carmen. Katie and I, who both finished work early, met the four gals a little after they had arrived. We had a good ol' time sliding with the girls and Hallie surprised us by flying down the big yellow slide on her own. Of course this momma was super proud of my brave girl!


"Hi guys!"

Cruisin' with Carmen

The afternoon ended with a popsicle meltdown. And I'm not talking about the popsicle. Nanny had treated her to a red, white and blue pop which she devoured. That was the problem. It was gone. And she wanted more. We spent more time running back and forth from the popsicle freezer to the pool than we did splashing in the pool. The devastation from running out of popsicle was a little too much to overcome.....

"NOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Oh but not to fear....she returned the very next afternoon with the same crew and of course Nanny treated her AND Carmen to another delicious treat.....

"A pack of these at home would be great"

The pool trend continued on into Friday when Lil Red and I hit up the pool after her nap. We had yet another great afternoon of swimming but things went south when the huge bucket of water fell on our heads and scared the crackers out of Hal. Traumatized would not be the word to describe how she felt after being unexpectedly doused by pounding water. Oops! Besides that not so good moment we had a great time sliding, sunning and snacking....


That brings us to this Sunday. One full week and five trips to swim. And we had an extra guest with us today....

Woohoo!!!

The three of us soaked up all the sun we could and took in the beautiful weather and a break in the disgustingly hot temps. The little kid in me came out today as I had an urge to graduate from the kiddy slide to the giant slide. I always see other adults trying it out so I thought I wouldn't look too awful ridiculous trying it out. Turns out it was F.U.N.!!!! Of course Riley made fun of me but Hallie gave me a big round of applause. ;)


Look at that face...means she's up to something

Bathing dada

You didn't think we would get out of the waterpark without taking a looksy in the popsicle freezer, did ya???

NO WAY!

Not only is the pool our favorite way to beat the heat....but it is also a good way to burn a lot of extra energy that a certain lil girl has saved up. Today as we left Hallie waddled out but stopped along the way to say "bye bye" to the lockers, the benches, the trash can, the life guards at the front, and of course the "poo" (pool). I have no idea where she gets this stuff from but it sure keeps us laughing. 

"Bye bye poo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment