Tuesday, August 14, 2012

No Sweat

I think I've finally come to terms with being perpetually behind on blogging. This particular post is from a couple weeks back when we experienced a nice little break from the 100+ degree temperatures. The three of us spent 99% of that time outdoors together......


We walked every inch of the neighborhood park.....

"No time for rest. There's swinging to be done!"

One of these cuties is having the most fun. Can you guess which one??? ;)


We spent a Friday at the park (looking fabulous of course).....

"Accessories are a girl's best friend"

....being chased by ducks.....


.....hollering at said ducks....


.....being complete goofballs.....



....see what I mean.....


.....watching the duckies swim....


....taking a stroll across the bridge....


.....and finally......spying on Riley's golf game.....


..... paparazzi wife.....


Ok, maybe spying isn't the right word. We looked up from the playground to remember that Riley was playing in a tournament with BJ, Troy and Papa Bill that morning. There the four of them stood right across the street. I pointed them out to Hal so we trekked over that way to give hugs and "hi's." By that time it was starting to warm up so we decided to get back home inside where it was cool. That evening we made it back outside for a little pretend picnic when the heat had let up a bit....

"What can I do ya for?!"

We enjoyed the short-lived, yet greatly appreciated, break from sweating our booties off. The good news is that it seems this week may be shaping up to provide some relief from the scorching weather. Fingers crossed! I don't know about you all but I, for one, am tired of my legs sticking to my seats and having to apply deodorant ten times a day. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating but seriously. 

Gotta love that Oklahoma weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment