Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm A Big Girl Now!


It's BUMBO time! Head control has been rather impressive as of late so I have been dying to try out the cute little bumbo chair! She seems to love it, besides throwing up on it as soon as I placed her in it. As a therapist and a concerned mommy, I have done some research on this nifty little seat. We were told in our child birth class not to use the bumbo seat with our infants and it is also debatable amongst pediatric therapists. So after contemplating it, I have decided to use it because I can't find any real reason not to. I think as long as you don't use it as a babysitter, your baby will survive. She probably won't be using it a lot until she has complete head control around 4 months or so. But for now, she looked like she had it all figured out during her bumbo test run......


"I'm kind of a big deal"


"Am I doing good?"



I did an inventory of Hallie's new fall/winter wardrobe to see what else she might need. I think she is set for awhile....but I know that won't stop the grandparents (or me) from spoiling her even more. First of all, I can't even begin to believe that our sweet baby girl is going to be able to fit into these huge clothes, but I am preparing myself for the inevitable. I guess if she has to grow, she can do it in STYLE!

Ballerina outfit , wedding dress, Christmas dress, and of course no baby girl's wardrobe can be complete without a dress for hunting season ;)

Daycare/ lounging clothes...my favorite!

Gotta have demin

JAMMIES!

Baby Gap essentials


DKNY outfits for babies? Wow, I found them at Marshall's for $12

Just fabulous

Ready to bundle up!

Momma loves black


You may be wondering how I had all of this extra time to organize her clothes, lay them out, take photos, upload the photos and then put them on the blog....well my precious little angel decided staying awake all day was way overrated and has been snoozed for over 3 hours yesterday! I was in super overdrive mode doing everything from dishes, to laundry, to taking the trash out, to cooking dinner, to watching shows I dvr'd, to working out, and now doing this. NAPS ARE FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Last night went by much too quickly as they always seem to. I took a whack at cooking a porkloin and it turned out "awesome" as Riley put it. Riley would eat a brick if I put it on his plate bless his heart. And I'm sure some of my food probably tastes like a brick. He endured my crappy carrots for 4 years before telling me he doesn't like the rabbit favorite. So we have since then nixed the carrots and as a result will probably go blind without the sight-enhancing veggie. Oh well! ;) I knew the pork was a hit when he took the leftovers for lunch today. Leftovers are usually like the plague. I got  +2 points for a rockstar dinner! The next part of the evening is where Riley found an unconventional way to release his stress. Let me start this by saying that I have only seen Riley mad maybe twice since I've met him. His laid-back, "let's just wait and see" personality normally prevails...but last night the Cox cable customer service rep would probably tell you differently. It all started when we sat down to watch out favorite shows for the week...The Middle and Modern Family. Well as it has been recently, our cable was acting up. Actually it's been doing this for quite awhile but I had heard some rumor about Cox making changes and that being the temporary cause for problems. So I brushed it off even though it was annoying...mainly I think because I didn't want to have to call that horrible automated system to press 1 for English and then press 2 and 3 and 574 to finally talk to a real person. Then they want to know my dog's social security number, the name of my great-great grandmother on my dad's side, and the amount of miles on my vehicle just to open my account. So last night Riley had arrived home from yet another long, stressful day at work and we were looking forward to some laughs on TV. Well of course, both of our shows were starring actors with alien voices and their bodies were cut in half and mostly black. Riley asks me for the phone number for Cox. I inform him that I don't have it on speed dial and he will have to go look it up. He comes back from finding our previous bill and is fuming mad. Again, only seen him mad twice! Heck, at this point who needs dvr'd shows? I have this to watch now! He waits on the phone after aggressively pressing the appropriate buttons. Finally the unsuspecting rep answers the phone and asks him what the problem is. Well I knew that the stress of work had pushed him over the limit when his answer to her question contained a few choice words. I'm sitting across the room with my jaw on the floor waving my arms mouthing "babe, don't be mean to her!" He continues his mini rant for a couple more minutes while I sit back and start to enjoy it a little bit. Well as you can imagine, he was still not satisfied when he got off the phone and all he got was a two day credit on our bill and a service call on Friday from 10-12. Five minutes after hanging up he looked at me and said "hey, should I call them again?" I simply replied, "no, please don't." ;)

Hallie and I have been sending him baby pics all day to keep him entertained out on the road. It seems to be doing the trick. The two of us have had a pretty laid back day as usual. We got to sleep in til 8:30 today which is a rare occasion. We spent the second half of our night on the couch together. When I rolled off to let the dogs out this morning she started to stir, but by the time I returned to pick her up she had changed her mind....

Must be a good dream ;)

I just wanted to grab her and kiss her and squeeze those adorable wittle cheeks! I love how peaceful she looks when she sleeps. On the other hand when she wakes up from a nice long nap...well, let's just say she must notice her empty tummy and think that a milk famine has set in. Half of the time I really don't think she is all that hungry, just a taste of milk calms her down and she is immediately in dream land again...it's like she is thinking "oh thank goodness, milk supply remains, I can rest easy now." So with all these thoughts of an imaginary "milk famine" and me being the weirdo that I am, of course I googled "milk famine." I was surprised to find out about the milk famine of 1906. Lol! Who would have thought?  Maybe she has some credibility to her fears. What a silly girl.


We threw off a couple neighbors today by reversing our usual walking path...two people jokingly asked me if I was going the wrong way. Next I expected Jim (the creepy neighborhood watchman) to pull me over and tell me I was violating some sort of established walking path rule. I guess I am a creature of habit but that same walk was getting pretty old. We made stops at the pharmacy and the bank, with intermittent scream-a-thons during the car ride. But since settling back in at home she has been a happy girl! We are hoping dad can make it home by 6:30 so Hallie can stay at home with him while I meet some friends for dinner. Fingers crossed!

Hallie's Corner

Today I did something pretty cool. I sat up all by myself in this cool, comfy pink chair. It makes it even cooler that it's my favorite color. So I was just sitting there thinking "OMG, am I going to get stuck in this thing?" Luckily mom snatched me out of it easily. Whew, close one! But if my legs grow anymore they may have to bring in the baby bumbo jaws of life to cut me out.


"Um, mom, we may have a problem here."







No comments:

Post a Comment