Sunday, January 22, 2012

Those Crazy Cousins

I was able to spend some much needed Hallie/Carmen time this past Thursday. The three of us took a trip to the park. That evening when I got home from work Nanny was busy cleaning our floors (have I ever mentioned that she is a saint?) and needed a little more time to finish so we loaded up a bundled up Hal in the blue park shuttle and put a bundled up Carmen on my hip and we ventured out toward the park. I hadn't realized how cold it really was until we turned the corner to face the wind. Eeeek. Once we pulled up at the park I was faced with the challenge of getting Carmen, Hallie and the wagon up the hill to the park? I attempted to lead Hal up the stairs..that is until she tripped. :/


"Seriously mom? This is not gonna work."

So I put a babe on each hip and we made it up the stairs. They were both good sports and patient enough to let me snap some pictures of the two. One little girl in particular was a little more patient than the other. Bet you can't guess who.......

"Smiling's my favorite."

 Hal was guzzling her juice a lil too quick and had a coughing fit which was ironically some pretty good entertaintment for both of them. Who knew coughing was so darn funny?!

"Ok Hal, now you're just faking it!"

"It's getting kinda chilly ma"

We pulled the blue park shuttle back home to get the babes inside where it was warm. They were pretty thankful to warm up their little cheeks and hands. Carmen hung out inside while Nanny finished up...

"I can't feel my nose"

But Hal hadn't had enough of the outdoors yet and wanted to play some ball outside. By "play some ball" I mean that she wanted me to throw her bouncy ball against her belly to make her laugh...

"Best game ever!!"

"I'm ready for it mom!"

Katie and I are still patiently waiting for the girls to really form a good bond. Carmen is now sitting on her own and getting really close to crawling. It won't be long til Hal realizes what a sweet friend she has....

"I'll keep waiting patiently..."


I'd say we are in for tons of fun once they are both up on two feet. Look out world!

No comments:

Post a Comment