Friday, January 13, 2012

Chronicles of our Comedian

Along with that ever-growing mop of red hair grows her mischievousness and hilarity. I really do need a camera crew following her around all day to be able to recall all of her new tricks and simply outrageous things she does. Here is my attempt to remember her most recent comedic talents......


*Snack time. The pantry is her first destination of a morning. Here lies an array of snacks that are in no way appropriate for breakfast. Well, except maybe a cracker or two that she sneaks from her dad. Still not breakfast material but Riley has deemed it so so we say "ok". But she tries....every morning....to beg for a different treat....be it cookies, puffs or any of her other "mommy needs to get work done" bribery snacks. Her efforts work a little better when it's not such an early hour and the other day I was needing to get some cleaning done in the kitchen so I handed her a container of puffs.....

"What's the catch mom?"

No catch here. Just a little edible incentive to be a good girl while I worked. She is used to me telling her "don't share with the dogs".....but that doesn't mean she always listens. In fact, she never listens and any snack she is delighting in, the dogs delight in as well.....

"I know what this looks like mom...."

Sheesh!!! This is where I have no power over that stinker because all I could do was laugh as she hurriedly tried to scoop the puffs back into the jar before I would see. Moving on to more shenanigans....


*The get excited face. This stemmed from, well, I'm not really sure. She just kind of picked it up along the way somewhere. All I know is that it is my greatest form of entertainment of an evening. Take Monday night for example. I asked for an excited face and got much more than I'd requested......

#1

#2

#3

#4


#5

#6

See what I mean? The more I laugh, the more she contorts her face and hands into funny positions. She makes sure to stop in the middle of a performance to make sure I'm eating up every second of it.

*Those funny hats. Ok maybe this has more to do with cuteness and less about being funny but I am in love with these silly hats she wears....or these hats she continually takes off to be more specific. "You have to wear your hat when you're outside" comes out of my mouth at least ten times while we are riding in the wagon. She just shoots me this sly smile like she's saying "I know mom, but I don't have to listen though."

"Would you honestly wear this hat in public mom??"


The hat stayed on for a whole ten seconds

Sharing her hat with me...if she won't wear it, I guess I will ;)

Mommy wearing the hat made it suddenly cool to wear it again


*The one man band. I swear that she keeps certain faces or noises a secret until she needs to use them in her favor. She always pulls out the best material when she knows she's about to be in trouble. Take for example tonight as she has "escaped" from bed for the second time and was running around being delirious Hal when I found her trying to climb on the bar stools for the umpteenth time. As I walked towards her she started making these crazy noises with her lips and cocked her head to the side and gave me the silliest face. There I stood having forgotten what she'd done in the first place.

*"Nuh uh, nuh uh."  This is her new favorite response. She says it while rapidly shaking her head back and forth. Problem is, this is her answer for every thing. For example.....

"Hallie, did you pee pee?" "Hallie, are you hungry?" "Hallie, do you wanna take a bath?"

Nine times out of ten the answer to all of these questions would be yes but she is pretty clear about saying no. I follow up my question with "are you sure??" and she responds with "nuh uh" and some more head shaking. The consistency is a little off, ya see. Lol! But she did get it right the other day when I asked her if she was ready to get off of the swing while at the park......



"Hallie, do you wanna get outta the bath??" You can guess her answer....



*Dumpster diving. Since we taught her how to throw things away in the trash she has taken it upon herself to take things out of the trash. GREEEEAAAAAAAT. :/ So far I've received an empty bag that once contained her favorite apple slices in my lap. Also, a diaper has landed in my lap a time or two. Awesome.

*Kicking back with a book. What's the most comfortable reading position?
"Well I don't see a baby recliner so this will have to do..."

The stinker positioned her chairs like this the other night and crawled up for a nice read before bedtime. ;) This is after her new nightly routine where she "escapes" from bed and runs amok around the house until she just can't stand any more. We are usually too tired to care by this time of the evening so she has free reign. You can tell who rules this house. Well can you blame us?? Look at those eyes......

"Are you trying to tell me I don't fit in this stroller??"

For every funny, hilarious, "oh no, you didn't" moment, there is always an equally sweet moment that has me making a pouty face saying "awwwww, isn't that precious?" Take this moment that I captured last night for example.....

"Good choice dad, that's an easy read"

I found Riley reading in his normal silly reading voice while Ms. Independent had selected a book of her own and sat next to him flipping through the pages while "reading" to herself. I am thankful that motherhood brings about so many laughs because it sure is tough. Tough....but oh so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment