Sunday, January 8, 2012

Birthday Cookout for Aunt Katie

We hosted our first cookout today at the new house to break it in before spring rolls around. A cookout in January? I'll take that any day! I don't want to get ahead of myself so I'll start with Sunday morning.....

There are certain outfits that Hallie wears that make me just want to gobble her up and smother her with kisses. The outfit I laid out this morning happened to be one of those. I am absolutely in love with her black patent leather shoes and don't even get me going on the dress, hat and jacket. AHHHHH!!!!!!! I can't stand the cuteness! Riley dressed the lil lady and she came around the corner to show me. I fell in love.




It appears that I need to take some style tips from the chick. How is it that I can come up with stylish outfits for her but when it comes to dressing my own self it should be considered a fashion crime???



Moving past my obsession with her church outfit.....

.....we grabbed some breakfast with Matt and Heather after church service this morning. Hallie was loving the change in routine and happily munched on some apples and gladly guzzled down a juice box of fruit punch. She learned how to fist bump with our breakfast partners and managed to steal a few bites.....

"Pound it dude"

Nap time, scmap time....the girl had more important things to do. Like go to the park.....


Party at the park everyone!! Even the felines of the neighborhood got the memo....

"Did you skip your nap too??"

A later afternoon nap was in order. Trust me. We found her rolled up in her favorite blankie with her head on a couch pillow. She couldn't hide her need for a good nap any longer. To bed she went and it couldn't have come at a better time. I did some last minute shopping to get ready for Aunt Katie's birthday dinner. I have been looking forward to having everyone over for awhile and felt like the house was "together" enough to host something. Aunt Katie, Uncle Luke and Carmen were the first to arrive. Hallie and Carmen got to gossiping about their friends at daycare while relaxing on the couch .....

"So I really think Dax likes you Hallie. You both have so much in common..."

She knows all the good daycare gossip...she's got a keen eye

Nanny and Papa arrived and Hal heard that there was plenty of goodies to snack on in the kitchen so she perched atop the counter to share some homemade onion rings with Nanny. Yummm.....



The boys were outside manning the grill and it wasn't long until we were chowing down on cheeseburgers at the table. Hallie was not too interested in eating (which has become a normal thing at dinnertime lately). Playtime seemed a little more inticing....

Priceless laugh!

We all kicked back, watched the babies play and watched the end of the Broncos v Steelers game....wow, what an ending! The crazy thing is that I was so busy in the kitchen getting things ready that I didn't get a picture of the woman of the hour! But I do have a few pictures of her sweet baby girl....that counts, doesn't it?? ;)


"I'm not gonna lie dad, I'm so comfy I could fall asleep right here, right now."

I can't think of a better reason to celebrate! Katie has one more year under her belt and a beautiful family to show for it! I can say for certain that this was only the beginning of many cookouts to come...I'm dreaming of life out on the patio in the sunshine. It won't be long......

No comments:

Post a Comment