Sunday, September 30, 2012

Loungin' at the Library


Look out Woodward librarians!!

Lil Red is library legit now. 

I've been itching to introduce my girl to all of the fun a library has to offer. I remember being in love with the rows of books, the smell, the quietness (doubt Hal enjoyed that part though), the endless amounts of reading options.....LOVED it all! It's been several (more like 15 years) since I've spent time in a library (OU Health Science library does not count....studying was definitely not for pleasure) so it was almost as if we were both in exploration mode once we entered the doors. Off to the right was a children's area with cute little stools covered in animal print material, giant safari animals and a fish tank that fascinated Hallie. After kissing the fishies she made a beeline for the tub of baby books.....


 It was so incredible to watch her act so giddy about the plethora of books right at her fingertips. She couldn't slow her mind down long enough to sit still. We never made it past the second page of the books she chose and then we were on to the next...





The shoes went flying after a few minutes. She must've felt at home. She finally settled in with a book about babies and "read" a few pages to me while pointing at the pictures. She sounded like she knew what she was talking about so I shook my head as she went along....


Books, books and MORE books! I sat in the chair where she requested I stay as she brought me book after book stacking them in my lap....



Once we had carefully selected two favorites we made our way up to checkout....


This is where Hal made her love for books official by getting her first library card. She was a proud card holder....



I guess I should also address her premature Halloween attire. I guess she couldn't wait for those last couple pesky days of September to last before she busted out her new festive outfit from Nanny. Halloween kitty at the library it was! I'm so proud of my Halloween kitty/book lover/official library-goer!

No comments:

Post a Comment