Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hallie and Carmen's Sort of-Sleepover

What do you get when you put a one-year-old and a two-year-old into a bathtub full of bubbles? 

Lots. Of. Giggles. 

Carmen Jo joined us for a Friday evening a couple weeks ago while her mommy and daddy went out for a date night. I walked in the house from a run outside just as Katie and Luke were dropping off their girly. It seemed that someone was a bit jealous of our guest for the evening because I found Miss Hallie sitting on the couch in a pile of pee. Awesome. The girl had not had an accident in forever. Riley and I assumed it was the attention hog in her being upset about having to share the love. Once the mess was cleaned up and Carmen was busy munching on her dinner, all was well with the world. The girls hopped straight in the tub for some bubble time. Carmen was in a blissful state of bathtime as Hal watched her like a hawk and imitated her every move. They stood along the edge of the tub and marched and splashed and laughed!




They both loved getting buckets of water poured over their heads and Carmen especially loved eating handfuls of bubbles that I put on her nose....

"Yum!"

The girlies were slipping and sliding everywhere and thought it quite funny to plop down on her booties and splash water up in the air....

"Give me that thing!"

Carmen had packed her pink Minnie Mouse pajamas so naturally Hallie picked out a matching pair (with a little persuasion from mommy dearest). They slid around on top of the coffee table while I tried to get a good smiling picture. Pretty successful I must say....

I caught Carmen mid-clap...

....clap, clap, clap.

Riley and I spent the rest of the evening herding the little "minnies" into one area of the house. They both had different ideas and separate places to explore. We all ended up in the playroom watching a little bit of Mickey and reading some books. The tickle monster may or may not have shown up at our slumber party. I looked over to find that Carmen had grabbed her cup of milk and was curled up on the floor rubbing her eyes. We had two tired girls on our hands. Hallie watched and helped as we put Carmen down for bed. Seeing another little girl in her pack n' play didn't go over so well with her. "My bed! My bed, momma!!" After some bribing with a banana and some milk she was giving her cousin a sweet "night night Carm" and following me to the living room. It wasn't long until the house was quiet with two snoozing girls. Katie and Luke picked up their baby girl later that night and I hit the hay for an early day of travel. A very precious moment happened the next morning.....the moment I opened the door to her room she gave me a very inquisitive "momma? Carm?" as she pointed in the direction of the playroom. I hated to break the news to her that she and her playmate only had a sort-of sleepover. She ran straight to the room to find her cousin and looked at me with a confused expression and hollered "Carm!!!" notifying me that she was missing. She was missed to say the least. I'm sure Hal is hankering for a full-blown sleepover someday!

It brings nothing but joy to watch these two girls discover the world around them together and giggle all the while.....

No comments:

Post a Comment