Saturday, September 29, 2012

Picture Purge!

The title says it all.....

I'm about to take you on a picture tour - Hallie Time style. Not because I've been such a good momma lately keeping track of all of Hallie's happenings.....nope. It's because I'm so incredibly far behind with blogging that this is the only thing I can possibly manage to do. A picture splurge! Get ready.....this girl has been doing some growing and learning and talking and squawking! Let's do a bullet point list, shall we? It might make me feel like I actually have life somewhat under control. Here goes!


  • The foodie monster has become increasingly more ravenous as the days pass by. How do you think she got those chubby, edible thighs? It's just so hard to wait until you get home to eat your groceries...

"Ya got that right momma"


  • Little Miss is still a rummage queen which means that her accessory drawer continues to get lots of action. She can be found hunting for that perfect "just right" piece to finish out any ensemble. Heck, she even has to finish off her pajama outfits. One must always prepare for bedtime in style....





  • Picasso Hal has become increasingly interested in some of her birthday presents that were placed up high on her playroom shelf for future fun. That didn't stop her from getting them down. Don't even ask me how she managed it but she pulled down her box full of markers. After all that effort on her part how could I deny her the pleasure of testing out her new colorful friends? Well, I couldn't.....



  • I know for a fact that I'm mentioned SEVERAL times how awful Walmart trips can be/have been. I've often wondered if all mothers dread taking their children to that dreadful store. I've also pondered the possibility of the establishment doing something, anything, to make Walmart shopping experience with children much less painful. Enter new shopping carts. Wowza! Baby girl thought it was a rollercoaster ride and didn't move a muscle. I was ecstatic. Problem is I think every other mom in town figured this same thing out and now I feel like a crazy person trying to hunt these special "rollercoaster" carts down to no evail. We will keep a'hunting.....




  • We've been warp-speed busy this past month (hence the no blogging thing) and have had each weekend packed full of goings-on. A few weekends ago we took a Saturday trip out to Shattuck while Riley was busy at work. I thought it would be great to surprise grandma with a visit from Lil Red. She adores that girl and can't stop talking about her when we do therapy (yes, I'm seeing her again for therapy). So you can imagine her surprise and glee when Hallie walked through the door that morning. Aunt Deedee, Uncle Lonnie and their doggie Snickers came over to visit too! Poor pup, Hal thought he deserved an unelicited makeover....



Dr. Hallie donned her stethoscope that she was pleased to find in a box of toys. She went straight to work listening to grandma's heart ears.....

"Your ticker sounds great Meme"


It seemed that everyone needed their ears listened to. Each person received a checkup and got a clean bill of health from Doc Hal....

"Has anyone ever told you that your heart rate is difficult to locate??"

Yes, even baby doll....

She's now taking appointments!


  • We've spent quite a few evenings at the park that I have yet to post about. One such trip took a turn for the worse when Hal was bombarded by a flock of duckies. We had broken up some bread and bagged it up for the ducks at the park. Hallie proudly toted her bag of treats toward her friends. They could smell her comin' their way and began to gather 'round. She didn't seem to mind at first as she laid down the ground rules for feeding.....


"Listen here! This is how it's gonna be"

The alpha ducks got a little bit greedy and crowded out the weaklings while Hal did her best to referee....

"Wasn't anyone listening to the rules?!?!"

She realized that she was a bit outnumbered and these ducks were rather famished so she gave up and threw the bag down on the ground. It turned out that most of the ducks preferred her friendship over the bag of crumbs because they took off following their leader toward the water....

"Right this way guys"

One of the ducks was feeling frisky and decided to "jump" and ruffled his feathers behind her which startled the little diva. This led to tears, running and ducks chasing her. No good. Poor baby wouldn't detach herself from my shoulder for quite awhile after that. But not all of our park experiences ended traumatically. One beautiful evening as she sun was low in the sky we made our way to a picnic table at Crystal Beach where we dined on grilled cheese sandwiches and bottles of milk.....


It appeared that my pretty lady had no recollection of the events that had happened on our prior park trip....


But once we got near the water I have a feeling some of those memories surfaced again because she took off running at the sight of a big white duck swimming her way in the water....

"I'm outta here!"


  • Sundays, ah, Sundays! Sundays mornings around 9:00 is quite possibly my favorite moment of the entire week. It is then that I get to open up Hallie's closet and sort through all of the pretties on her rack. It's always a grueling decision (I'm half kidding) but Lord knows she ends up looking fabulous....


The lady in red took another stab at sitting in "big girl church" a few Sundays ago. After demolishing all of the offering envelopes, throwing her crayons on the ground and spotting Jai in the crowd and letting the whole church know who she had spotted ("Jai, momma, Jai!!") we decided that the nursery would be a much better place to house our rambunctious gal....

"Bummer"

That same day munchkin and her daddy got a little (ok, maybe a lot) goofy while playing around after lunch. He made her her very first "cutoff" t-shirt. What once were sleeves became stylish arm bands and knee pads. She was pretty proud as they made their way marching in circles around me....


Same Sunday still....we partook in a fun evening at the church that night. They had a Fall Fest for the kiddos with inflatables, food and fun. We loaded up in the ol' blue Ford and took a cruise to the church. Hal was a tad bit excited as you can see....

"AHHHHHHHH!"


It was difficult to contain Lil Red once she spotted the bouncy house and the big room full of balloons blowing around. She was squealing with glee and running around with her "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it" face. She was just one of the big girls that evening....

"I'm not sure if you all know this but I'm four years old."

Sassy pants and I spent some one-on-one time just a swingin' after she ate dinner. I was trying to keep her from getting red-faced and overheated by running around like a crazy women in the bouncy house. She didn't seem to mind my plan....


Riley was pulled over with Matt to man the giant zip line so Hal, Heather and I watched down below. Hal was itching to have her turn on the line but I think she may have ended up splattered on the wall at the bottom. She gave it her best shot at begging though...

"Mama, puh-leeeeeeeaaaaaassssse"

Cousin Carmen and Aunt Katie were there for the fun too! Miss C didn't shy away from the big kids and joined right in with the help of her momma....




Blayre took a turn with Carmen on the slide and the expression on her face was priceless....




  • Hallie and I have been blessed to meet a great group of mommas and babies here in Woodward that we've been meeting up with for playdates/lunch dates. These ladies are also mommas who've been transplanted to Woodward so I find it so easy to relate to each of them. Sarah & Abigail, Lauren & Kaydence, Sarah & Austin, and Megan & Hallie. Yes! Two Hallies in one room = lots of trouble. And get this.....they both have RED HAIR! Nuts, I know! During our most recent playdate we tried our darndest to keep the four babes still on the couch for a snapshot. I'll just let the picture do the talking....

I'm loving Sarah's arms trying to contain my crazy girl


  • Lil Red's urge to be independent has been out of control lately. "No mama" is something I hear on a very regular basis. I suppose it's her way of telling me "I got this mama." She's got it alright.....lots and lots of sassy-ness. Plenty to spare! Here she is in Walmart doing her own shopping on foot. The blur in her hand is a couple of toothbrushes and toothpaste that she was so proud of....


Monkeys bars? She's got this. Duh.....

Well, maybe not quite yet.


  • Her appetite has ramped back up and seems to be in line with the amount of energy the girl burns everyday by moving, jumping, running, dancing, rolling NON-STOP. She's a snacking queen. A grazer, if you will. Meals are so overrated. She can be found munching on a piece of cheese, a container of yogurt, some diced strawberries, apple slices and of course sweets. She inherited my sweet tooth. Poor girl.....

"This is the best batch you've made so far"

Dora the Mermaid agrees!



  •  Her mothering skills have blossomed a considerable amount in the past week. She has been increasingly concerned about her baby doll's whereabouts, whether she's been fed or hydrated plenty and of course if she's gone potty. Last weekend at lunch we brought baby in with us because she had a craving for Mexican food as well....


"Here go baby"


And french fries too!

Seeing as how she has her daddy wrapped around her finger, it wasn't difficult for her to convince him to pull down two brand new baby dolls sitting in the top of her closet. They took them out of the boxes and the two new babes went straight down for a nap with her other three babies. She's running a daycare here folks!

Telling them to go "night night" and "sssshhhh"

She's just an old soul and a mother at heart I guess......



Many more posts to come on our recent goings on....I feel as thought this picture purge has pushed me over the hump and out of my bad case of blogger's block. It's time to forge on. After all, when you're livin' on Hallie Time things never slow down.......

No comments:

Post a Comment