Sunday, February 20, 2011

While Dad's Away The Girls Will Play

Dear Dad,

It turns out that you are an integral part of our daily operation and we are glad to have you back! Riley had a somewhat productive week in Nashville and showed us that we are a somewhat integral part of his daily operation as well. For example, he had a bit of trouble picking out the right tie one morning....

"Which one girls?"

That's the one!

Overall, I must say that this past week was better than the one before...but not by much. Mostly tarnished by babysitting difficulties which I still don't want to speak about. I'm still holding out to win the lottery and stay home with my babe. ;) We survived well with Riley gone thanks to help from Nanny, Papa and Katie helping me with babysitting, meals and entertainment. Thank goodness for Nanny's Daycare open 24/7....




I don't think I would have a paycheck at this point if it weren't that place! Speaking of paycheck, it hasn't come so easy this week. Let's just say that some aspects of the job are starting to drive me a bit nuts. Hopefully this is something that will pass with time. Notice above how well dressed by lil lady was this week since dad was gone. She just happened to be wearing OU gear three out the four days that he was gone. The fourth day was spent in that one color that dad likes! We made sure to brighten his morning with a pic of his girl....

"I miss ya dad!"

We kept him supplied with plenty of shots of Hal so he wouldn't feel so far away...

"You're missing out here dad!"

"My motor skills are developing more by the second...see, now I can lift a whole school bus."


Shoppin' with Nanny

After spending a little too much time waiting around airports this week Riley must've gotten VERY bored because he actually went shopping...in a store...and spent some money....on his favorite girl of course. He had to find the perfect onesie.....

Option #1 & #2


Option #3...BINGO!

I think all of them apply!

A night without the 4 Bs. No baby, binky, burp rag, or bottle. After nearly seven months of early mornings and nighttime feedings, I spent my first night away from Hallie and experienced the joys of sleeping in. 9:00 a.m. has never felt so good! Riley's flight came in late Friday night so we went out for a late bite to eat at BJ's after I picked him up. Alone time. Ahhhh. But we couldn't forget that sweet pea waiting for us back home....


Our parents day out consisted of a haircut for mom, a shopping trip for dad, and lunch and a movie for both!We highly recommend Just Go With It! It's gonna be a classic I'm tellin' ya! After making a stop in Mustang to turn off our energy-sucking, money-wasting heater we were on our way to pick up our girl. The drive home was thrilling with our choice of four different high school basketball game broadcasts...it was so hard to choose one so we settled for a CD. ;) We found our tired girl playing with Aunt Katie and Uncle Luke in the nude...her favorite outfit! In true Hallie fashion, she had covered her other clothes in spit up or food from dinner. That girl! She was SO excited when Riley picked her up...he got a big smile and what appeared to be a hug! She even stayed up extra late to spent some catching up time with him. After baby went to bed it was movie and pizza night for the parents. Paranormal Activity 2 which I would not recommend. The first Paranormal Activity sent me to bed scared out of my mind and unable to walk through a dark house for awhile...the sequel on the other hand was weak in comparison. Or it could be that I made it through the first one believing that it was real up until the end.

Sunday. The day that the Lord made. For cleaning. ;) Hallie spent her morning in the church nursery wreaking havoc I'm sure (jk). I thought about asking them if Riley could stay but I didn't bring his food or diapers so I figured they would have said no. Bummer. After church we celebrated Aunt Kylie's birthday with a lovely lunch and some cake! Hallie actually managed to self-entertain for most of lunch. Happy Birthday Aunt Kylie! Hallie got you a present.....

"I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind"

What else do we do on Sunday afternoons you ask? Usually we take naps or just sit around, be lazy and watch some tv. But today was different. We did things that other families only dream of doing. Get ready to be jealous.....


  • We ate sticks.....
"My favorite pastime..."

  • Remember that $6 that Emmi had for a snack about a couple weeks ago. Well Riley had saved it for a rainy day and decided to tape it back together....


And this, ladies and gentleman, is why I shop in secret.

  • We also chewed on plastic circles and played with the creepy new baby doll....

Ok, I'll stop. I don't want to make everyone too envious.

But all joking aside, I love my quirky little family. Even if taping money back together, chewing on wood, and teething on everything in reach is what they enjoy doing, well that's fine by me. :)


Hallie's Corner

FREEDOM!! My parents finally took a hike and let me do my own thing for a night. They left me in good hands. Several different hands in fact. I started out at Nanny's on Friday night. Mom was slow to leave me and gave me way too many kisses...it was only one night momma. It's not like I'm gonna learn to crawl or grow hair overnight or anything. Nanny and Papa had a grown up party to go to that night so my Aunt Kylie spent some time with me. We ate, and then played, and then we continued to play, and we topped it off by playing some more. Then it was bed time for me. Since my crib is in Aunt Kylie's room she was the lucky person who got to feed me at night. I took it pretty easy on her until 4:00 am rolled around. I was just so excited when I opened my eyes and saw her across the room...play time was ON! She was so cool and had fun with me for an hour and then I think she started to get sleepy again. But not me! Now I was ready to play with Nanny. I still wasn't even missing my parents at this point. But I know they missed me. I mean, how could they not??? I ended my day at Aunt Katie and Uncle Luke's house...I went for a walk, ate, and played like you wouldn't believe. And I still didn't even miss my parents. But boy was I excited to see my daddy when he finally picked me up! My first night away from both parents...a piece of cake. But let's not try two nights just yet.....



****Please say a few extra prayers...or feel free to say a billion...for Hallie's Grammy Karen. She is back in the hospital at Integris in OKC once again. Same problems, but still no answer. Please pray specifically for an answer to her medical issues, knowledge for her physicians, and peace of mind for Grammy. I know she is all too familiar with this and hasn't been able to work in a month which has left her going stir crazy. Thank you for praying!****





No comments:

Post a Comment