Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Puppet Master

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but Hallie loves puppets! The sight of a puppet making some silly noise pretty much guarantees a huge smile and her strange little giggle (I say strange because it almost sounds like she's got some evil plan to carry out when she laughs).  Most of all, she LOVES the Baby Einstein puppets. Her favorite is a blue creature of some sort...we still haven't figured out what animal it is...either a creepy blue cow or a carabou. Which for the life of me I can't understand why they include a carabou as one of the animals on those DVDs. How about a pig or a dog instead? :) Well since her love for these puppets grows exponentially by the day, I decided to find her some of her very own puppets. And wouldn't ya know, there are actual Baby Einstein puppets out there! And they arrived on our doorstep this week. I have been so excited about introducing these new friends to our girl. I was sure that they were going to be smile magnets and induce tons of laughter. This was the reaction I was hoping for....


Happy happy girl


Instead, all us parents got was the look of a very skeptical baby.

"What the heck..."

MEET OUR NEW FRIENDS! (names provided by Riley)

LARRY THE LIZARD

DONNY THE DUCK

CARI THE COW

Gang's all here!!

We gave a very valiant effort to make the puppets seem fun. Larry the Lizard transformed into a scholarly lizard who was courting his maiden and liked to read books. And Donny the Duck became a surfer dude duck who liked chicks. That seemed to spark her curiosity a bit....

"Ok, I'll give it a try"

"Better luck next time dad...this other toy is so much cooler"

If at first you don't succeed.......turn on Baby Einstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment