Sunday, February 6, 2011

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back...

We are sans smiles in the Fanning house this weekend. But not for lack of trying. :( We just have one sick baby on our hands. The eyes say it all. Her sad eyes have got to go...they are just breaking our hearts. Put that together with the most awful whine/cry (imagine the sound of a wounded animal) plus wheezing and nobody is smiling. Leave it to Baby Einstein though....she hadn't been doing much of her regular activities just because she's so out of sync but I just started up her DVD before bedtime and viola....that silly caterpillar squirmed onto the screen and my angel gave the tv a big ol' smile....


We have missed that sweet grin. If hugs could heal her then she would be fine and dandy. The sweet girl even got a pass to sleep with mom and dad last night. As if the family didn't love on her enough, but now she gets extra love! Lots and lots and lots of cuddling and naps on mommy's lap. Oh yeah and plenty of nakey time too....


I'm sure it's just the paranoid new parent in me but it just seems that she is getting worse. Perfect timing considering we don't have a doc out this way yet. And Riley is out of town. My gut is telling me that I should just take her back to OKC to Dr. McDreamy one last time....she has an appointment with him on the 15th anyway for her 6 month checkup and vaccinations and I'm thinking maybe we can just do her 6 month checkup if I have to take her this week. This is assuming that the good pediatricians here in town aren't taking new patients...which is also what my gut is telling me. :(


Bottom line....we want our smiley baby back and we need a good doc to help us with that! She is still pulling at her right ear sporting these red cheeks. No fever at all. Thank goodness!!! I plan to start calling around to docs in the morning and pray that one of them is taking new patients. If not I may just go all "crazy mom" on them.........

Please say a prayer for our Hal gal that she is not developing RSV or pneumonia and that her cough and wheezing will go away!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley: I am so sorry that you have had such a hard week! I am so glad little Miss Hallie is much better! Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete