Sunday, February 13, 2011

The May Zoo

What a gorgeous day we had this Sunday. An even better part of the day...it was plain ol' normal. Just how we like it. Here is evidence. We actually ate four consecutive home-cooked meals this weekend....that hasn't happened in quite a while (and mooching off of Nanny's home-cooked meals doesn't count). I am fairly sure Riley didn't know what to do with a domestic lady in the house. We'll see how long this lasts. ;)

Hallie woke up in a spectacular mood and I knew she was back to 100% once I opened her door to see her bright shiny blue eyes sparkling with excitement for the day. We started off the day just like we begin every day....saying good morning to Hallie in the mirror. Each and every morning she is thrilled to see herself and give herself kisses. I'm gonna have to stock up on more Windex! She spends a lot of time touching the mirror and adoring her reflection. In the words of Carly Simon...."Hallie, you're so vain."

"I may be vain, but I sure am fun to look at"

Since we've had the mindset of keeping our babe isolated and indoors to keep her healthy, we stayed cooped up inside for the first half of the day. After noticing all of the comments on Facebook about what a gorgeous day it was we decided it was not a day to be wasted. So we loaded up and headed off to the farm at May. It doesn't take much to get me excited and I immediately was telling Hallie about meeting moo cows. I guess if we can't have the zoo, we've got the farm. On the way to May we made a loop around Ft Supply lake...or should I say Ft Supply ice skating rink? The entire lake looked like a huge skating rink with geese just hanging out on top of the ice. I couldn't help but snap a photo of it. It was gorgeous and looked like it went on for miles and miles.....


Hello moo cows. Hallie the baby piglet comes in peace. Hallie was sporting her pig hat to fit in on the farm Too bad her overalls won't fit for a few more months. Oh and boots, we need boots too! Those cow pies aren't friendly on tennis shoes. The May Zoo features the black cow exhibit as well as the newly added brown cow exhibit. I have a feeling Riley and Hallie will be spending many a day out on the farm now that we are so close. I think I should probably spend some extra time with them to drag out some of the country in me....ask Riley, I spent  most of our time amongst the cows yelling, "babe, get away from the bull" and "babe, that big one is eyeing you guys!" Apparently cows are friendly creatures...who would have thought. ;)

This was Hallie's first trip to May. Where is all started. Just a short jog away at the May Coop was the very spot that I laid eyes on my future husband. She's too young to know now but she will understand someday how cute farm boys are. ;) Of course armed with my camera I enjoyed simply watching my two loves walking around in the beautiful sunshine in the wide open space breathing in the fresh air. Ahhhhhh, relaxation. It's almost as if I was at the spa getting a pedi and a massage. Ok, maybe now that relaxing but the clear blue skies were a blessing from God. It's been awhile since we've seen them. Or maybe it's just been awhile since we noticed. Either way Hallie seemed to have a good time meeting her new friends.... 


<3

"This little piggy...."

".....cried wee wee wee all the way home"

We aren't completely sure but it appears that the May Zoo lion made as escape from his exhibit and had some fun with the cows....

"I need a zookeeper STAT!"

"They eat almost as much as I do dad!"

Just call us Britney Spears because we did something bad enough to have our safe parent cards revoked today. Alright maybe not that bad, but we did let Hallie ride the 1/2 mile from the farm house to the cow exhibit sitting next to dad minus her carseat. The look on her face lets me know that she is just like her momma....a safety first paranoid freakazoid...... 

"Excuse me?!?!? Where is my three point harness?"

After a very rollercoaster-ish week, the three of us were happy to be able to take advantage of a blue sky, fresh air kinda day. Thank you Lord for all of your blessings big and small....


No comments:

Post a Comment