Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Turkeys and Mud Puddles


Have I mentioned just how much I love our neighborhood. It's quiet. And it has turkeys. Lots and lots of turkeys. These creatures have become friends with my little turkey. There are many a morning that they are waiting in the front yard when we open the blinds. Hallie gives them a big wave and a "hi".....she's been known to chase them down the street with Riley of an evening. And today she ran right out the front door and took off after them. They scurried off out of sight quicker than she could say "tookey." Bummer. But it didn't stop her turkey hunting efforts. We loaded up in the wagon and followed their tracks down the street. But something else caught her eye on the way to find the gobbling guys. It was the massive mud puddle that her and Nanny had played in earlier this afternoon. Here's a sweet video that she sent me of Hallie putting her favorite boots to good use....


She was pleased to see that her fun boot bathing station was still there.....

"Pleased" may not be the word to describe this face.

Why is it that watching your child simply play in a water puddle is so fulfilling and wonderful? You would've thought I was the paparazzi hot on the tracks of Ryan Gosling leaving the gym with his shirt off or something.


Watching her play and splash in the water without a care in the world with the intention of "giving her frogs a drink" was the sweetest thing in the world to me....


Bring on the rain!!! If puddles make for such a happy girl then I'll take plenty of them! Maybe even one that is front of our house so we don't have to look like weirdos playing in the neighbor's puddle. She doesn't seem to mind traveling to find some water fun though...


I think this may be one of the only times I stood and watched her purposefully get dirty. Maybe I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to stuff like that. This was another baby step towards accepting dirt, water and my baby making a mess just for the fun of it....

See!!!

She was full of priceless faces as she ran back and forth from the water to the wagon over and over again....


In the middle of a little rest break she heard her turkey friends calling her again....

"it would be a lot easier if they just came to me..."

She took off to pursue them on foot.....

Giving her best attempt at the turkey call her dad taught her

Alas, she reached her friends. They were waiting in the park for her.....

"Hi guys! I'm finally here!"

The "tookeys" haven't seen the last of Hallie girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment