Sunday, April 1, 2012

Egg Hunt Practice


Is there anything in life more fun than having a good ol'-fashioned egg hunt?

I didn't think so. ;)

Some of my fondest memories of Easter Sunday involve my cousins and I at my Grandma Lois's house chasing down loads of colorful eggs as fast as we could. We were all in pursuit of the big prize egg which of course had big bucks in it ($5, hehe). Yesterday I set up a mock egg hunt in the backyard for my little bunny. I wanted to see if Hallie undertsood the concept of hunting eggs. But first I had some business to take care of: remove the fake grass from the basket to avoid a green mess in the yard....she has some difficulty holding the basket upright.


The girl caught on very quickly. I really didn't even have to say or do anything. I just handed her the basket and she went to town.....


She had a few basket issues. Her trouble had to do with the fact that she couldn't hold the basket still and the eggs would spill out once she collected them....

"You could've at least given me a basket with a handle or something!!"

Once the basket got too heavy she dumped it off at the porch and did some running back and forth....


She had rosy cheeks and was obviously getting a great workout in with all of the walking...



Once she'd hunted down all of the eggs my wee little one was a bit red-faced and tired. That's hard work with such short legs y'all! So what's a girl to do when the fun is over........

Dump them out and start over again, of course.....

She was feeling pretty confident after her first egg hunt was through so she was not shy about taking on her second big hunt of the day in Nanny's backyard. I told Nanny we were on our way so she got to work hiding the eggs.
"Nanny, I'm not sure if you know this but I'm kind of a pro at this hunting business"

Nanny held the baskets for her as she ran, ran, ran around the yard with a HUGE smile on her face....


Nanny sent us a picture the next day of two eggs that hadn't been found that said "I think Hal needs to keep practicing." That we will!

But it's safe to say she's not a novice anymore.

BRING ON EASTER!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment