Saturday, May 31, 2014

Cartwheel Queen

You know those ridiculously silly things that your parents remembered you said or did as a child that they reminded you about over and over while growing up? Well I can guarantee Hallie that I'll be reminding her about her cartwheel conundrum for the rest of her life. She finished out her first big year of gymnastics classes and finally mastered her cartwheel while at practice. But there's just one small problem....she forgets once we leave the gym and can only do it "sometimes." When asked if she can do a cartwheel her usual answer is "I can't remember right now but sometimes I can" or "maybe tomorrow I will know how." When asked to show me a cartwheel she usually ends up doing a very precarious looking headstand and flops over on her back. She stands up and gives me this look like she's pretty ticked that she can't remember how. "Sometimes" it clicks....and "sometimes" it doesn't. ;) The last few sessions she's run out to me afterwards and proclaimed in front of everyone "mommy, I'm the bestest of the best gymnast!!!" To which I reply "yep, all of you girls are the awesome!" To which she adamantly informs me "no mommy, I AM THE VERY BESTEST." EEEEK! So yeah....we're gonna have to work on the humility thing a bit. ;)
 
Riley and I were so proud watching her complete the little circuit of cartwheels, flips, jumps and balancing during the final practice of the year. She has grown three inches this year and has some muscle built up in those short little arms. Miss Stacey has been a wonderful teacher and does so well with the rambunctious little ones.
 
 
Before their session started the announced that she had to leave the mat to come give her mommy a hug. Heart melted. She was over the moon about her little gymnastics certificate and she even received the perfect attendance award. She was so excited that she kept running away to hand me her papers instead of staying up with the other girls. Her body just never. stops. moving. Maybe it's the bouncy gym floor. No wait...that's just Hal.
 

Hang in there girl!


I can't wait to see what next year brings!


Oh yes, one more thing.....can we please talk about how adorable tiny gymnastics leotards are?!?!?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment