Saturday, May 17, 2014

Bella Kaye's Nursery

This project was a blast! I loved every minute of planning the color scheme, painting, decorating, online shopping and going outside of my comfort zone and doing a little crafting on the walls. Riley and Hallie were both a big help every step along the way. I know there's a reason we got an early start on the nursery because I feel about as lazy as lazy people come right about now towards the end of this pregnancy. It's nice to know everything is ready and in it's place for our sweet little baby. Big sister already spends plenty of time in this room playing in the crib, rocking in the chair, organizing shoes and bows, etc. She's already so proud!
 
 
 
It all started with some fabric. My handy dandy mother-in-law was more than happy to make a couple of crib sheets and a crib skirt for her newest granddaughter's room....
 


I found the perfect matching minky blanket, mint colored changing pad covers, coral lamp shade and curtains online and waited patiently for everything to arrive. Riley and I spent one weekend painting the mint color on the bottom half of the walls and adding the white chair rail. This proved to be more of a challenge than he had planned on but we got it done and I am in love with how it turned out. This dresser in the picture below was gladly given to me by Kathleen Walker who was very happy to have it out of her garage. Which meant I was a happy momma and had a dresser to paint for the nursery. I hunted down the exact color of paint I wanted on Etsy and got to work. And work it was let me tell ya....there was a lot of peeling and scraping and painting that went into it....and luckily the chalk paint that I used was nearly zero VOC so I was able to finish the whole project on my own. The knobs are my favorite....

 
Speaking of Hob Lob, that store hooked me up with the perfect mint frames and the canvases I used to craft on....
 

I scored this large frame at a craft show here in town that was already the perfect color to house the big "B" I have ordered and painted....




Another Hob Lob find....I'm not sure what I'm going to use these hooks for yet....



One afternoon while on my stint with bed rest I decided instead of hiring someone to paint on the canvases I'd purchased that I'd give it a shot myself. I was so thrilled with how everything turned out. Actually I was more amazed that I hadn't ruined them....


So the rug. Let's talk about the rug. I mean come on....do rugs come any cuter??? I found this one at cafepress.com which by the way has just about every rug pattern or color you could ever imagine.

 
I spent a solid week of evenings in this room sorting through ten boxes/tubs of Hallie and Carmen's clothes/shoes/costumes/hair accessories. Wowza! There is still hope for humanity since I somehow managed to keep my sanity intact while doing this. Stuff was EVERYWHERE. And my limited mobility in the torso area made for an interesting sorting adventure considering I had this tornado around who loves to play in the nursery....
 


The closet is sorted, old things tossed away, diapers stacked up high, wipes overflowing, clothes washed and in their drawers, bigger sizes stowed away in too many tubs to count....this Bella girl is all set. What am I most looking forward to??? Wrapping her in her new blanket and rocking her in that pretty new chair over in the corner....courtesy of Nanny!

No comments:

Post a Comment