Saturday, May 17, 2014

Dancing with Daddy 2014

 
Would it be a repeat of last year? 
Would they stay longer than an hour?  
Will she fall asleep in the car on the way to the dance since she's dog tired?
Would she want to play balance beam on the retaining wall the entire time like last year?
 
These were the main questions I had running through my head as we began the primping process the night of the daughter daddy dance. Contrary to what some (ahem, her father) might think, this smart little lady remembered every detail about her time as a wee two-year-old at the dance last year. She was the leader and told me what we needed to do....
 

"Does this robe make me look fat?"

After jumping out of the shower we blow dried her hair and made sure it was nice and shiny...


Next was makeup. She led the way on this part too...sort of....

"What, you've never heard of the blush hair treatment?!"

 
She hunted down her dance tickets on the counter and picked out a purse from her room. She shopped for her little silver flats and pink flower headband that afternoon and told me how "perfect" they would match her dress...


I'll never forget these sweet memories for as long as I live. It was most likely the hormone surge taking over but I couldn't seem to control the tears as I took her outside to snap some pictures....


When I look at this picture I can't help but think how God made this little girl just how she is for a reason and blessed me with her...I stand in awe of his greatness....and her beauty.....



We couldn't let the "mean ants" off the hook as she walked across the driveway....


Those pretty shoes have ant smasher written all over them, huh?


Princess Hal waved at some bike riders....


Killed some more ants....


Fixed her straps....


Pretended to be mad while I tried to get these two sillies to pose for a good picture....


Then I realized it was no use. They are much too silly. And I like it that way....


THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE>>>>>


The silliness continued until it was evident that she wanted to be carried and was ready to head to the dance....


Friends have mentioned that this one below would be the perfect picture for her wedding day slideshow. I couldn't agree more. But for now this little gem is going up on the wall in giant canvas size....I just can't get enough....


I hear the night turned out to be a blast! They had reign over the dance floor for awhile until it became crowded. Hal didn't want to stop dancing to get in the food line so dance she did. She spotted a bunch of her pretty little friends that she told me all about when she got home. My favorite part of the story was how much she enjoyed testing out her dance skills that her daddy had taught her a couple weeks prior. The shoes and headband came off and things got real on the dance floor....


No comments:

Post a Comment