Sunday, May 11, 2014

32 Week Bumpdate


I'm very thankful to be typing 32. Four weeks since my little trek down the preterm contraction road. Weeks 28 and 29 were not fun AT ALL. I spent five straight days mainly in bed watching Netflix, crafting and wondering when the contractions would stop. The meds that doc sent me home on helped tremendously but I was still very limited in what I could tolerate. I started back to work after those days of rest and tried my best to do "part time" work. Ha! More days than not I found myself hurrying home to get my feet up, take a pill and sit still for the remainder of the evening. God bless Riley, Nanny, my boss, coworkers and many friends who helped me out on a daily basis until I finally got my energy and stamina back. So many delicious meals were dropped off which kept us fed for a week straight. Nanny picked up Hallie after work for nearly two weeks straight so that I had some time to come home and rest before my ball of energy gave me a run for my money in the evenings. Many, many blessings got me through those two weeks. I'm so excited to say that my stamina has finally returned and I'm back to full time work again. This, however, won't last long because school is almost out for the summer which means my workload is nearly cut in half. What a blessing it will be to spend some priceless quality time with my sweet Hal before her sister arrives. I'm ready to cherish these last few weeks of "alone time" with our first born. I foresee lots of picnics at the park, snocones, waterpark trips and afternoons in the sprinkler. Anything to keep cool in this recent heat....my feet are rebelling against the hot temps! HUGE!!!!!!!!! Elephant feet.

So how's my littlest lady doing? Bella seems to be doing just fabulous in this gigantic belly of mine. I am convinced that she takes up every last inch of her space in there...from top to bottom...side to side...I've even entertained the possibility that I will set a new Guiness world record for birthing the world's largest newborn. She already seems like a good snuggler. She really likes my ribs....they must be comfy because she can't seem to get enough time way up there. I spend about 90% of the day with my hand on top of my belly trying to coax her down. This is how I know she's just as stubborn as her big sis. Won't budge a bit. ;)-

How's daddy doing? He's a trooper. Boy, has he stepped up and helped me out tremendously going above and beyond to make life a little easier. He's knows when I'm being stubborn and orders me to the couch in the evenings. Then one day a voluntary foot massage happened. God knew what he was doing when he put that man in my life. ;)

How's big sister? Quite often I find her in Bella's rocker with her baby doll and a blankie. Be still my heart. She tickles my belly several hundred times a day and gives Bella hugs every night. She makes sure to look up to tell me "mommy, I am not hugging you, I'm hugging Bella when I do that." ;) We somehow end up with lots of extras in the basket while we are shopping whether it be a certain snack that Hallie claims Bella needs or an outfit or pair of shoes that "Bella will love." I pray that she loves her sissy in real life as much as she claims to already. ;) Oh...and just in case it gets brought up....Hal is good with the fact that Bella is going to escape through my belly button to come see us in June.

How's the grumpy 8 months pregnant momma doing? I'm making it. Literally counting down the days....every day....multiple times a day. With the nursery complete, clothing washed and folded, everything cleaned and ready for her to arrive I've been spending a lot of time mentally prepping for the unknown of having two sweet babes. To say that I'm not very nervous would be a lie. But as nervous as I may be I cannot wait to hold her in my arms and watch the way she just fits right into our family. PLUS I CANNOT WAIT for the pregnant comments to cease.....while I'm on the topic I ought to list my faves.....

"Are ya sure it's not twins in there?"
"Any day now, right?"
"Oh man, you're going to be miserable in the summer heat."
"She's gonna be a big girl by the looks of it!"
"Oh honey, you look so tired."



I'm writing a separate post about the beautiful baby shower that my amazing girlfriends
hosted for Bella and I this past month but I thought it fitting to include a few pictures on here....






Soooooooo..............Hallie arrived at 37 weeks. I keep repeating this really neat fact in my head. I know I should stop thinking about it. Because the odds of me getting that lucky again are probably slim to none. Someone please don't remind me that I mentioned all this when I hit the 41 week mark because I won't be liable for how I react. K? Thanks. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment