Thursday, December 26, 2013

Seven Nights of Christmas Parties


The Christmas calendar filled up faster than I could say "ten extra pounds" this year. Luckily none of the fun events overlapped and we were able to take in all of the fun. I was terribly crummy when it came to taking pictures at most of these shindigs but I did get a few memorable moments documented. Our babysitters made bank the week of the 9th through the 14th thanks for non-stop holiday happenings.
 
The Christmas celebrations kicked off on the 8th of December with a family friendly party at Kim and BJs beautiful home where we joined over 60 of our fellow Sunday school friends and their kiddos for a night of delicious food and laughs. Our class has grown at an astounding rate over the past year and it's a definite sign of God's work. We love being surrounded by some of our closest friends and growing closer to new friends that we spend every Sunday with.
 
I passed up an Alpha Gamma Christmas social on the 9th for some rest on the couch after the previous weekend of hosting the home tour. On the 10th Katie hosted our Bunco group's Christmas get together. We brought finger foods, did a gag gift exchange and did what we do best...sit around and talk, talk talk. The Bunco Babes are a blessing and our nights together leave us all with happy hearts and sore cheeks from laughing.
 
The 11th was an evening to celebrate with my coworkers and their spouses at JBs. Our work group has grown over the past year and I'm thankful to get to work with some hard-working and helpful people. Baby was not cooperating with my stomach which was a big time bummer since I'd dreamed about my dinner selection all day. The gift exchange was side-splitting as usual and Riley and I walked away with a set of "redneck wind chimes" (a pair of underwear with beer cans hanging from). Solid night. ;)
 
On the 12th we spent a fun evening at AJ and Susan Jacques' home for the hospital physician's party. The amazing hospital board members always go above and beyond. We ate from a table full of appetizers and I spent the evening moseying from room to room catching up with people I hadn't seen in awhile. Most of the men could be found out in the pool house by the bar. We left pretty early compared to the rest of the party-goers....my old man needed some rest for the next two nights of parties. Ok, maybe this girl did too!
 
We were treated to a night of food and games at Dave and Kelly Wallace's house for the hospital director's Christmas party on Friday the 13th. You'd never have known that I'd pigged out on food the entire week by the embarrassing amount of food I ate that night. Can't let it go to waste, right? We separated into groups and sang the 12 Days of Christmas hospital style. Impressive pipes on some of the nurses in the crowd!
 
By Saturday the 14th we were running on 'E'....that's about all that kept me going when it came time to get dressed for the hospital-wide Christmas party that night. Oh and the fact that I'd treated myself to a shopping trip that morning for a new dress to wear. The convention center was packed with familiar faces for a night of dinner and lots of entertainment. The high school drum line performed, the hospital directors stood up front and sang Little Drummer Boy and Bobby and Chris Castor sang a few songs. I cried while they awarded employee of the year to a stranger I didn't even know and I sampled various desserts from friends at our table. Hormones were in full force that night obviously. We had a great time and I was again reminded of what a great group of people Riley is blessed to work with. This is the night I finally took some pictures!
 

One of the coolest chicks around

My favorite guy

Our Christmas party tour ended last Friday night at Bobby and Brenda's house for a fabulous evening of dressing up, eating (duh), drinking (fruit punch...duh) and chatting (double duh). Here's a shot of the most fun gals at the party....

The Life of the Party

I look forward to this party each year and this year's was a blast with some of my favorite people!!!



It's even safe to say that Riley had a great time too...maybe even crawled out of his shell a bit! That brings me to the end of a fun-filled holiday season full of parties and celebrating. Until next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment