Friday, December 13, 2013

12 Week Bumpdate

I'm so close to the blissful second trimester I can almost taste it....praying for more sleep, less bathroom stops as the baby moves upward a bit and much much more energy. It's been mentioned that my diminished pregnancy energy level is equivalent to a normal person's energy level....I'm not sure how to take that but I know I'd like my abnormal energy level back ASAP. Please and thank you. After all, I do have to keep up with a child who inherited the same energy level. Overall I really can't complain about how things have played out so far. Baby is healthy with a strong heartbeat, I've yet to actually get sick sick and no nose bleeds in my car yet (a very surprising and messy side effect last pregnancy). Here's my new accessory that made an early appearance this week....

Hello Mr. Bump

I've been spending a startling amount of time trying to decide whether or not I was going to take monthly belly photos. If this is my bump at only three months...well....I can pretty much guarantee that my maternity clothes from last go 'round will not be sufficient for this momma. I think I might just be carrying a sumo wrestler in my belly. No weight gain at this point (oh thank you, thank you Jesus) but it's evident that my hips are expanding at the speed of light. If I keep growing at this rate I may entertain Hallie's prediction that I'm having twins...one boy (named Baby Abe) and one girl (named Princess Lady). You can't make this stuff up folks. There is no convincing her otherwise...she tells everyone she sees. Truth be told I think it's the cutest thing ever.

Now to the fun part....cravings, weird dreams, side effects and hormones. My patience has slowly returned and I now have a bit of it. Chicken and I just don't see eye to eye. I cry at commercials....especially jewelry commercials. Just don't even get me started on the new Walmart commercial with the song "Never Grow Up" playing. Gets me everytime. I can just read a movie title on the tv guide and tear up if it's a sad one. Most of my weird dreams include Riley picking up a variety of strange new hobbies....he's been painting our cars, hanging even more deer on the wall and has taken up gymnastics. In between these dreams you can find me getting up to pee and then I follow that up with about an hour of just lying in bed desperately wishing I could fall back asleep instead of thinking about what color of stripes to paint on the nursery walls or how I'll ever be able to take two children to Walmart alone. While at work I can be found gagging numerous times a day at certain not-so-pleasant smells. On Thursday I work with children in the school system and this is most certainly when most of the gagging occurs....snot, boogers, farts, stinky feet and slobber....that about sums up a Thursday with the kiddos. And last but not least I must mention that I'm keeping Sonic going with my purchases of root beer. I have always hated root beer until now.

The excitement of gender, names, nursery colors, carseat covers, itty bitty baby clothes and Boppy patterns has snuck up on me quickly. What makes all of this baby business even MORE exciting is the fact that five of my close friends are also expecting! 2014 will be full of brand new babies. Here's a glimpse at our growing sweet little lime who is measuring right on track for a June 28th due date....


Might I add that lime looked like he/she was having a pretty good time in there....doing flips, somersaults, kicking, waving....as crazy as his/her big sister! I'm feeling a bit spoiled having already seen baby twice. We probably won't see him/her again until week 20 so for now I will use this sweet image to try and convince Hallie that I am NOT having twins.

Until next time....I'm off to go play a fun game of "let's please take a nap" with Hal.


No comments:

Post a Comment