Friday, December 6, 2013

21 Little Preschool Turkeys

21 turkeys - 2 sick turkeys = 19 singing Free Spirit turkeys. 

I joined Hallie for her Thanksgiving day celebration at school last week and helped host the festivities that morning. Four other moms and I were to prep the fellowship hall and make a Thanksgiving stew for parents and grandparents that would be coming that morning to watch a special performance. She felt like hot stuff walking in holding my hand instead of waiting in the dropoff line that morning. Once we walked in Hallie took off to grab her favorite dressup items while I helped the willing kiddos cut up some potatoes with their little plastic silverware and then made my way to the kitchen to make some cornbread. The students were back in their classroom adding their canned ingredients into the pot when I walked back to see if they needed help. Just as I stepped foot into the room I heard a teacher holler out "oh my!!" I still can't quite think about what happened next without getting a little queasy. A sweet little girl got sick. Everywhere. Yes. EVERYWHERE. In the pot of stew. Mrs. Gari said that was definitely a first for Thanksgiving party day. Being the pro that she is we had a new pot and new ingredients within a few minutes. Back on track. Us mommas got to watch the turkeys file in to practice their songs while we finished up things in the kitchen. Riley and Nanny arrived and we took our seats for some very spectacular songs coming from a bunch of very enthusiastic three and four year olds. Right before they began singing Riley called out to Hallie and waved "hello" to which she hilariously responded "shhhh daddy!" Talk about cuteness overload as they nervously stood there wearing their Indian hats and necklaces....


Sister got after it with some of the dance moves....


My favorite part was hearing all of them scream out a line at the end of one of the songs. Everyone was shouting out very loudly at their own pace....just insanely adorable. We served the stew after they finished singing and I passed out the special treats that Hal and I had made for her classmates.



We are lucky to have Nanny working right across the street and able to come to little preschool events at a moments notice....


We are so proud of this little preschooler right here....


I know this is just the beginning of the "proud moments" as she grows but I just can't help but wish that she'd stay this small forever and ever and ever. Stop growing so fast you little turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment