Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Oh Baby....

We'd been getting the "when are you going to try for #2" and the "isn't it about time for another one" for over a year. But we were in no hurry. Just enjoying our family of three. I had even thrown around the idea of staying a family of three forever....but that thought lasted a mere three seconds. Then I was back to the thought of "I want two children....but how will I raise two children?" Then one day it just hit Riley. Yes, Riley. It hadn't hit the momma yet. I was still patiently waiting for God's hint that it was time. I remember the very morning I decided to jump back on board the baby train for a second time....and here we are now.....


I was a sneaky gal and took a test at 3 weeks and 4 days. Patience is not a virtue I possess. I just had to know if I was prego before we left for our race in D.C. I fully expected "not pregnant" to pop up in the test window and then I'd have a few more days of waiting in anticipation....but that's not what happened. When the word pregnant flashed on the screen I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest and I nearly let out what would've been an ear-piercing scream. Instead I quickly told my BFF Hal the good news and told her that we had a special message to give to her daddy who was sitting in the living room. She ran in and announced in somewhat understandable English that she was "going to be a big sister!" Riley had absolutely no idea what she was saying so I stood behind her flashing the pregnancy test. His reaction was priceless considering he wasn't expecting the news at all that night. So you may be wondering why I was so quick to share the news with Hallie. Well ya see, this girl has "big sister" written all over her and is more than ready for the job.....


I'm at 10 weeks now but it feels like 30 weeks has passed by. This pregnancy has been a tad bit different than my first. I'm planning on keeping a belly blog once a month starting at 12 weeks so I'll just mention a few things here about what's it's been like growing baby #2: I have about 1/10th of the energy I had before . I crave Ramen Noodles constantly and feel like I'm back in college. Looking at meat or even thinking about meat or seafood makes me nauseous. Doing everyday mommy duties like wiping bottoms and noses is an immediate stomach churner. No actual sickness yet.....just the constant feeling like it's about to happen. Going back up to my mention of having no patience....about that....if I had an ounce before this pregnancy I now officially have NONE. Zero. Zilch. Nada. I'm working on coping with this and my family is probably coping too. ;)

Oh oh oh, I almost forgot to mention that I was blessed with hearing the precious sound of baby's heartbeat during an ultrasound at my 8 week appointment. A tiny little shrimp just hanging out in there. No really, he/she looked like a shrimp. Speaking of shrimp...that makes me nauseous.

All sarcasm and joking aside, content and blessed would be two great words to describe how I truly feel. Be back in a week with many more pregnancy details than anyone ever needed or wanted to read. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment