Sunday, August 18, 2013

Old Man Turns 30!!!

Riley's version of his birthday: "I turned 30. The end."

My version of Riley's birthday: "We ate cake. The end."

Hallie's version of her daddy's birthday: "Is it my birfday again?!"

My man did a fantastic job at downplaying anything that involved his birthday. 
Can I throw a party? "NO!" 
Can we have a family dinner? "NO!"
Can we go away for the weekend? "NO!"

I can't say I blame him. I'm not exactly what you'd call excited about turning the big 3-0 this year. BUT a birthday is a birthday is a birthday. And EVERYONE deserves a cake!!!!!


Hal and I surprised him with a big cake (and made sure to emphasize the 30 in big black letters) and a Lightening McQueen balloon when he got home after work that day. My partner in crime handpicked the balloon stating that "it was perfect" and "daddy will love it".....



She made sure to test the icing just to be safe. ;) Once Riley joined in they had eaten the front part of the cake before I remembered to put thirty candles in and light them up.....


Little piggies....


Hal was so mesmerized by all of the candles that she forget to sing along with me.....


But she was plenty prepared to help the birthday boy blow em out.....


Macy watched Hallie that evening while the thirty-year-old and I went out on a dinner date. Those have become so rare that we almost didn't know how to function in the car alone....eating alone....talking to eachother....it was all very new. ;) And very much appreciated and enjoyed. 

I'm proud of all that I've seen him accomplish in the decade that I've been blessed to know him. Without him I honestly think I'd be a couch potato. His energetic, hard-working, health-conscious ways keep me in line from day to day. Here's to another thirty years full of many more life adventures!!!!!

Baby, you don't look a day over 29!!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment