Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Gman's Another Year Younger


After being blindsided by the word "cancer" this year we were all feeling extra blessed to celebrate with Gman for his 55th birthday. He has been feeling good lately and trying to fit in a walk most days of the week. I've been so proud of his progress thus far through this process and it's a blessing that he is doing well going into his proton therapy treatments that will begin very soon. Here's a quick look at our day celebrating with him......

By request from the birthday guy we had lunch at Waggs here in Woodward. Aunt B and Uncle Spencer showed up early just in time to witness me dumping my attempt at homemade ice cream down the drain. Epic fail. It might even be my last attempt at homemade. Sorry daddio! As I straightened up the kitchen I could hear nothing but laughter coming from Hallie's room where she was providing lots of entertainment for Bailey and Spence. I really would like to share some of the hilarious pictures that my sister took but it should come as no surprise that Hal was in her birthday suit for all of them. You know, I've heard of taking your shoes and socks off (or even taking your bra off) once you walk in the door.....BUT my child strips off every item of clothing she has on....EVERY time we walk in the house. I digress. After cleaning up my ice cream mess we headed to lunch to meet dad, Meg, Alta, Kara and Betty in the back room at the restaurant. It was the perfect place for Hallie to be, well, Hallie.....


We had a nice relaxed lunch and plenty of laughs. Hal kept the table entertained with her usual antics....


And these guys decided to make their own table away from all the girls....


After lunch everyone skedaddled on over to our house for some cake and ice cream. German chocolate is a favorite of his and this Cake Lady cake was a delicious success. We nearly set the house on fire trying to balance the candles in the cake. I don't know if it's bad luck for someone else to blow out your candles for you but I guess we'll find out....I panicked when they started to fall and quickly blew them out before he could....



Not only was it nice to spend the day with dad but it was the perfect chance to catch up with the rest of the fam that joined us. Alta and Kara brought some birthday gifts for Hallie and proved yet again that they have a knack for gift-giving. Princess Belle adored her new goodies....


I adored seeing Princess Belle sit and read books with Alta....





I've said it before and I'll say it again....Dad, I'm expecting you to be around for about another fifty years or so....I know you'll do your best with that! ;) Love you mucho!













No comments:

Post a Comment