Sunday, August 18, 2013

Bruno and Babes

I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it again.....the girls I've met since moving to Woodward have been my saving grace over the past three years. Spending time with them and catching up on life is something I delight in. So when the opportunity presented itself to spend a weekend with some of the sweetest girls around I jumped right on that boat. We all met up in OKC last Saturday for a day of absolute fun! The day started off with a quick trip to the mall and some lunch at Hefner Grill. I wasn't just any ol' lunch though....the decibel level at our table was up there....

 

We spent the rest of the afternoon at the hotel where we were entertained by eachother as we watched everyone have their makeup and hair done by makeup artists that Rachelle had arranged. I'd never had my makeup done before and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed something so girly. Sarah was the first to get fancied up.....


Resident hair expert Rae Lynn sassied up Rachelle's hair....



I paid $20 for one of the ladies to "foof it up".....took one look in the mirror and quickly retreated to the bathroom to wash it and fix it myself. Much better. Bruno was playing in the background getting us prepared for our date with him that night and our room was maxed out with thirteen girls running around.

fUn! FUN! FuN!


I made a sweet new friend, Sheila!


I swear we didn't coordinate outfits.....twinkies in black by chance!



Ow ow ladies!!!!


Here we come Bruno Mars!!!



One last picture before hopping in the limo to head to dinner....




Bruno Mars was phenomenal. Constant entertainment. Never a lull or a dull moment. Electric and oh so much fun. That's my review in a nutshell. These dancing divas to my left and right kept the energy level going even though our seats were quite a ways up.....




Thanks to a mean, mean headache I headed back to the hotel room for an early bedtime while the rest of the crew went out dancing. I was thankful for the extra sleep though because I definitely needed to catch up. The two Sarahs were my roommates for the night and filled me in on what all I'd missed when they got back to the room. The next day we stopped for some lunch on the way back home to our babies and husbands. Hallie greeted me with a big naked hug and some sweet kisses. 

So when's the next girls' weekend?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm ready!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment