Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cool Dude

Dad = cool dude. No doubt. When momma's away they are sure to play....PLAY PLAY PLAY! The night before I left for a quick girl's trip to OKC my best gal and I took a trip to the park to ride the train with our favorite train conductor......


She may only be three but she acts like a thirteen year old. Must haves include her cell phone, sunglasses, pretty shoes and her pink purse. We needed ALL of these accessories for riding the train with daddy that night.....


Carmen and Hal thought they were hot stuff hopping on and off the train....


This girl got distracted and thought this duck looked like fun to sit on. She could be found hollering "yeehaw!"


Nanny showed up soon and she joined Papa, Hal and I at the BBQ contest in the park where they sampled some ribs. To my suprise, Hal devoured several ribs by herself and thought they were lip-smackin' good!


After she chowed down (and had a good cry over absolutely nothing) we hopped back on the train where daddy gave her the very important job of blowing the train whistle. She passed the test....


What I assumed would be a fun night on the train turned into this.....


A nasty fit was thrown. It was as if someone was kidnapping her and forcing her to ride the train. Yeah, makes total sense, right? This explained everything though when I looked in the backseat on the way home. One tired baby girl....


The next morning I left hubby and Hal mom-less and headed off for some me time with my girlfriends for a concert. I had asked about their plans but wasn't surprised when I got a "we'll see what happens" from Riley. I was so happy to see some pictures start to roll in on my phone around noon. It appeared that my two nature lovers set out on foot on the trails at Boiling Springs. He isn't one for sentimental things so I almost cried when he sent me this picture of Hal standing next to a sign that we had her pose by when she was only nine months old....



I couldn't believe my eyes. She'd gone from midget to monster in two years!!!! ;) The pictures kept on comin' and I was beginning to wonder why I'd left. It looked like they were having way more fun without boring ol' mom around. He let her walk around in the river and grab cat tails which she called "kitty cat tails"....



 Naturally things ended with her sitting naked in the water. I could've seen that comin' from a mile away.....


She was so proud of her "seasells" that she dug from the bottom of the river bed. They are still in a baggie in her room. I have a feeling we won't be parting with these little boogers for quite some time....


After skinny dipping in the water they did what any three-year-old would want to do.....fight in the MMA ring. The pink boots were really a nice touch I think.....


Riley met Dr. Waner and her husband at the park where they walked around the BBQ competition and them found themselves playing around in the ring after they had set it up for the fights later that night at the rodeo arena....


Chris was a good sport it appeared and let the kiddos beat up on him. Hal houses some power in that short little body of hers. I'd be scared to meet her in the fighting ring that's for sure....


There daddy/daugther day activities didn't end there. Oh no. They had plenty more to do. The waterpark was next on their agenda followed by some playtime at the park. That evening they went to a church softball party at the Moore's house. Tons of kiddos to play with made for a fun night for Hal. Riley let her use her dressup clothes.....


All was well back in Woodard with the momma.....



They had come up with their own new crazy language by the time I got home on Sunday. It consisted of words like "toot toot" and "poo poo"......every question I asked either of them that evening received one of those responses. Total messes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment