Saturday, August 24, 2013

"Dimnastics"

Hal has new aspirations. They involve jumping and flipping and somersaulting. I believe she was inspired by a certain Dora gymnastics episode. Either way, she's flipping out over starting "dimnastics!!!"

I thought it was a good idea to add one more thing to the plate. Just to make sure it's extra, heaping full this year. ;) No, really. Heaping full. However, despite my fear of turning into a crazed lunatic who spends half of my work day driving back and forth from preschool, dance and gymnastics I really think the gym will be a great place for Hallie to put all of her energy to good use. Also, the way I see it is, she doesn't have those powerful thighs for nothin'. And lastly, yes, I might just be vicariously living out some of my dreams as a child to be a gymnast. Riley and I took Hallie to an open house day at Tumbie Zone last weekend where she made it clear that she had no qualms about our "dimnastic" decision.....


I mean, come on! Look at that form.....

She may or may not have had some coaching from her dad

Actually, yes, yes he did coach her. I looked up through the glass as I waited in line to sign her up to see Riley teaching her and another little girl how to pose on the beam. Dying laughing inside. I'm sure there are plenty more laughs to come!

We had better start stocking up on leotards because September 3rd (her first day of class) is right around the corner!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment