Saturday, November 6, 2010

Shake, Rattle & Roll

Hallie girl has had a week full of growing. She seems to expand during the night because every morning when I fetch my crying baby out of her crib, she seems to have doubled in size. She's growing way too fast but somehow still fits in the same clothes. My theory is that she is using Baby Spanx...check it out: http://www.hulu.com/watch/187727/saturday-night-live-baby-spanx

This week has been a doozy. The one good thing about exhaustion: I have no trouble falling asleep because I'm dreaming before my head hits the pillow. Definitely maximizes the sleep time I log. Speaking of logging more sleep time, we will all be gaining an extra hour tonight! Thank goodness for Daylight Savings Time! I am currently avoiding bed as I am wanting to enjoy some time just hanging out with Riley. But now I find myself searching for comfort in the study because my Sooners have made a very poor showing tonight in AggieLand and I just can't bear to watch anymore. Riley, on the other hand, is not so secretly enjoying it. The reason I know he is: he NEVER watches OU play, and even though I am in the other room blogging, he is still watching them "gig" my Sooners. Good thing my role as a mother has simmered down my unhealthy passion for football; otherwise, I would literally be crying on the couch right now and depressed for at least two days. I guarantee you that Riley does not miss "that" Ashley.

On to bigger and brighter topics: our girl is just getting sweeter by the day. She is definitely a cute little poser for the camera...that's my girl! I guess the constant flash in her face since the moment she was born has prepared her well. Although I have definitely noticed loss of muscle power in my trigger finger since starting back to work. Not as much time to take pictures. She now has what seems to be complete head control. She is a pro at tummy to back rolling now and is pretty quick about it...anything to get out of tummy time! She looks more and more like Riley everyday. She is still wearing some newborn sized pajamas but mainly wears her 3-6 months pants and 0-3 months onesies. She is showing off her slimmer silhouette in the picture below where she was enjoying some "nakey" time practicing her rolling skills on the floor....


I was beginning to think that her roll last week was just a fluke but she proved me wrong tonight when we put her on the floor for some tummy time. She rolled over the second I put her down. She continued to roll about ten times in a row and listened as we cheered and clapped each time. It never gets old.

Okay, mom, if I roll two more times can I please eat and then go to bed?

Hallie had a great time with Nanny to finish off the week. She surprised us all by taking three hour naps both Thursday and Friday. Gotta admit I'm a bit jealous because I don't think that has happened since she was one week old. Nanny once again spoiled us with yummy dinner on Thursday night, a basket full of folded laundry, and the bed made....and not to mention a happy baby when we get home from work.

The Cheesecake Factory - snoozin' through dinner

I am guessing most people don't consider shaking a rattle a milestone...but we do!!! I have been slowly introducing her to her basket of toys but she has shown no interest...that is until today. I placed her chubby little fingers around her pink rattle and showed her how it worked. I figured she would drop it and look at me like I was an idiot, but she started to shake it and held on tight. Now I'm not going to lie, I think the shaking was just a result of her squirming around on the floor...BUT at least she held onto it! Go, girl, go!

"My thumb still tastes better than that rattle"
I am having to eat my words about 27. So far, it has been the most fun age yet! Or maybe it was just the never-ending birthday celebrations that lasted all week with family, friends, and coworkers! I finished off "birthday week" with my coworkers treating me to lunch at Red Lobster  on Thursday and my PT school friends celebrating with Hallie and I at Cheesecake Factory on Friday night. The week was capped off by a serene day of pure relaxation today that began with a massage and was followed by getting my hair done and shopping for some new winter gear at Metro Shoe Warehouse...love that store!!! Riley finally got to grill out those steaks tonight and made me a delicious dinner! I sure do love that man! Daddy and baby visited great grandma Ida and Delbert at Bellevue today as this week is Delbert's final week in rehab before heading home. He has been in a skilled nursing facility since around the time Hallie was born and is finally going home. He tested out his newly gained arm strength by holding Hallie. Reports from Riley tell me that she was a good girl during their outting.

I am sure everyone heard a loud, crackling sound around 1 p.m. today. It was the sound of my heart breaking. We had to give Hallie her first bottle of formula. Well, Riley did actually. He said he hated every second of it. This is hopefully the only time we will have to do this. Like I wrote about last week, I am trying my hardest to keep up with the Milk Monster's demand and she finally caught up with me today! I have realized over the last couple weeks that our breastfeeding class that we paid good money for was basically worthless because I have gone about this all wrong. That class taught me nothing. Literally nothing. Expecting mothers out there, don't waste your time. First of all, I should have started saving milk from day 1. Instead, I started when Hallie was eight weeks old. Seriously?!?! We bought the deep freezer for what?? Not milk, I can tell ya that. ;) Next, I should have not been giving bedtime bottles for the past 2 months because she is doing wonderful with nursing before bed. And lastly, I guess I need a job that allows me to sit at a desk all day and pump milk every three hours. Unfortunately, I do not have a job like this. If we have made it this long, I think I have a good shot at keeping up until we start feeding her cereal at night...at that point, it really shouldn't be a problem keeping up with her demand. Even though we were pretty bummed about having to feed her the bottle of formula, the good news is she tolerated it very well.

So far the 30 Days of Thankful is super easy....I can't ever pick just one thing to be thankful for. Too many blessings to choose from each day.....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment